Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Glen View CC (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/glen-view-cc-292459/)

Madelaine Amee 05-29-2019 06:03 AM

Glen View CC

Glen View CC was open for business on Monday evening. We went to have a glass of wine and a sandwich last night. It was reasonably busy, the bar crowd seem to be regulars and were very noisy, other than that it was very pleasant. The meals we had were good and we will be going back.

However, we did have one critique regarding the bar or lounge, every table was set for dinner with water glasses, napkins, side dishes etc., very formal. At the moment there is no set bar menu, that may change, but right now it is one menu throughout the restaurant.

Also, you can no longer seat yourself in the lounge area, you have to wait for the hostess to seat you and get a waitress. How will that work with golfers coming in from playing in this heat, that may not last too long either!

I wish them well, we need a good CC restaurant in this area.

champion6 05-29-2019 07:47 AM

I'm pleased to read about the change in ownership of the restaurant business at Glenview.

JoMar 05-29-2019 01:17 PM

I've heard the Lopez is good and consistent.....anyone concur or disagree?

JSR22 05-29-2019 02:01 PM

Glenview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1653462)
Glen View CC was open for business on Monday evening. We went to have a glass of wine and a sandwich last night. It was reasonably busy, the bar crowd seem to be regulars and were very noisy, other than that it was very pleasant. The meals we had were good and we will be going back.

However, we did have one critique regarding the bar or lounge, every table was set for dinner with water glasses, napkins, side dishes etc., very formal. At the moment there is no set bar menu, that may change, but right now it is one menu throughout the restaurant.

Also, you can no longer seat yourself in the lounge area, you have to wait for the hostess to seat you and get a waitress. How will that work with golfers coming in from playing in this heat, that may not last too long either!

I wish them well, we need a good CC restaurant in this area.

We ate dinner there last evening with another couple. Conch chowder, caesar salads, mussels, veal meat loaf and a burger with pork belly. All very good and so was the service.

Madelaine Amee 05-29-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1653578)
We ate dinner there last evening with another couple. Conch chowder, caesar salads, mussels, veal meat loaf and a burger with pork belly. All very good and so was the service.

My husband had the mussels and he said they were very good. I had a sandwich, nicely sliced through and looked very appetizing. Presentation and service was excellent.

I was told that the new owner/management also runs Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. If he keeps the food and service as good as it is now, he will do very well.

I would like to add that his wait staff were all very professionally dressed. We have been going to Glenview for many years and there was no dress code before, it adds to the ambience of the restaurant.

JSR22 05-29-2019 02:33 PM

The new owner owns Red Sauce. Another family member owns Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. The Suleimans run great restaurants.

fw102807 05-29-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1653588)
The new owner owns Red Sauce. Another family member owns Lopez, Havana and Red Sauce. The Suleimans run great restaurants.

:agree:

Bogie Shooter 05-29-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1653588)

So, there are two owners of Red Sauce?

JSR22 05-29-2019 04:07 PM

My mistake. Johnny Rockets not Red Sauce.

Madelaine Amee 05-29-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1653611)
My mistake. Johnny Rockets not Red Sauce.

Is the Suleiman family a Father and two adult sons?

JSR22 05-29-2019 04:20 PM

I am pretty sure there are more than 2 brothers. I know there is sister that I met at Havana. I am not sure if the other younger men are brothers or cousins. David's FIL manages Havana.

pauld315 05-29-2019 04:23 PM

Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.

JSR22 05-29-2019 04:25 PM

Hacienda

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1653621)
Now that they have that opened, I hope the Sulieman's consider opening Hacienda.

I wish that would happen but I have not heard they are purchasing Hacienda.

Northwoods 05-29-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1653565)
I've heard the Lopez is good and consistent.....anyone concur or disagree?

We've been to Lopez twice and had a great meal both times. I'm hoping that Glenview will return to being a great restaurant. It's such a pretty setting.

Madelaine Amee 05-30-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1653621)

I would like to see someone capable taking over Hacienda; however, I think that would be a huge task compared to what they had to do to Glenview. Glenview is a very attractive building in a beautiful area and the only problem was the quality of food and service. The Hacienda is totally different, it is an ark of a place and (I think) the interior needs WORK.

There are so many people who do not want to eat in fast food restaurants and would prefer to dine in a local country club where you get to meet your neighbors and have the same wait staff on a regular basis.