Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Village of Monarch Grove. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/village-monarch-grove-292514/)

Bythesea8 05-30-2019 05:40 PM

Village of Monarch Grove.

We are looking to move to the villages. What can you tell me about the new area? Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?

valuemkt 05-30-2019 07:32 PM

I'll lead the responses with a half full / half empty discussion. Right now Monarch Grove is a sand pit, with many roads and utilities in, with the promise of yet another thriving village. I've owned in the very developed and mature area between 466 and 466A since 2016, but just recently became a full time resident. Last year I retired, and brought my brothers down for a week and we took a "road trip" down to Fenney and played on the then recently opened putt putt course. Fenney was nearly built out, and Desoto under construction. some site work was being done in McClure and marsh bend. I didnt have a clue what Linden and Monarch Grove might be. When you have a project that encompasses 250 new homes per month, 13-15 months is an eternity. Riverbend and Swallowtail open tomorrow and the beat goes on. Is it close to things ? Right now definitely NOT. You have the very pleasant Fenney Grill as the ONLY eatery within several miles. You have the Publix on 44 as the closest grocery store, with the promise of another on Warm Springs . perhaps in a year or 2. From where I am today, i can get to several regional rec centers, family and adult pools, within minutes, and sumter and brownwood are equidistant. 466A near trailwinds is developing nicely, albeit almost a decade after neighborhoods north and south of it were built. Will the migration to the new sections bring a vibrancy of community like prior building has ? Probably .. Will warm springs, 501, 44 get the commercial development that 466 and 466A have seen over the years ?? Probably. Much of the baby boomer population has prided themselves on delayed gratification. So, are you willing to wait for all that follow on development and expecting to live to see those young trees grow into mature landscapes ? I see it as a toss up .. moving to The Villages is a no brainer .. going into a mature area where many friendships already exist, or being a pioneer of sorts and being a founding member of a new village or community is a very personal decision.

FMF Doc 05-30-2019 07:46 PM

They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.

Hurrikane 05-31-2019 08:18 AM

We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO. :)

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!

John_W 05-31-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bythesea8 (Post 1653885)
Is it close to Brownwood market square? Is there going to be a forth market square?

Traveling to Brownwood currently is only by auto on the roadways, Fenney is the furthest new village and it's about 5 miles from SR44 and Morse, and then it's about 4 miles from Morse Blvd to Brownwood, about 9 miles total. You'll have a cart path available within a year or so, that would make a second option. I live near Seabreeze Rec Center and Trailwinds Village which has the Lowe's, Aldis, Burger King, and and my house is 14 miles from Fenny.

kstew43 05-31-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMF Doc (Post 1653916)
They are putting food trucks ini at one of the rec center. They also broke ground on the shopping center at Warm Springs Ave & CR 501. The bridges and multi modal path to Brownwood should be open by Christmas.

wow.......when we played golf the other day, a security guard at Fenny told us the turnpike overpass would not be ready to go for another 2 years.....?

Hopefully he was wrong....

Bosoxfan 05-31-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMF Doc (Post 1653916)

By Christmas 2020...no chance Christmas this year.

VApeople 06-03-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurrikane (Post 1653997)
We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread.

Today we went for a beautiful walk around Hogeye Marsh. On the way home to Osceola Hills, we stopped at the new Swallowtale pool in MG to wallow in the water for awhile.

I think MG is very good. The noise from the turnpike is MUCH less than in Marsh Bend. It will be easy to get in and out because there are three roads that connect to 501.

Good choice.

Hurrikane 06-03-2019 07:57 PM

Really liking this thread feeling somewhat at home already now onto design meeting in August! Feeling much better about our MG decision...

KSSunshine 06-04-2019 09:13 PM

Hubby and I just drove over to MG this evening and it looks beautiful! Everything will fill in and connectivity will get you to other areas. Yes, you'll drive in your car for awhile, but we like getting places quickly anyway. Once you start meeting people and getting involved in activities, it won't make much difference which village you live in.

Dond1959 06-10-2019 01:06 PM

We are in DeSoto, bought lot last June and built in 4th quarter. When we bought our lot last year there was nothing to the east of us. A year later DeSoto is built out, McClure is close to build out. Linden, Marsh Bend, and Monarch Grove are building like crazy and DeLuna is not far behind. So the homes will go up fast. I go to the Publix on 44 and Morse and it is like 10 minutes by car. The WalMart in Leesburg is 20 to 25 minutes. Brownwood is about 15 minutes, Lake Sumter 20 to 25 minutes. To me I don’t mind these drives. In the builders releases they state Magnolia Plaza will open in Fall of 2020 and connectivity with Brownwood by Q1 2020. If you are like me and don’t mind the drives then the frontier down south may be for you. If you want everything within a 15 minute cart ride then look in the established Villages north of 44.

Altavia 06-18-2019 10:14 AM

Purchased a lot with a view in MG for many of the reasons Hurrikane stated.

Anticipating that area will be filled in by this time next year if not sooner. Loved the peaceful natural beauty of the trails, clusters of trees and the openness with man made water features in the area. The new local amenities are first class also.

MG will be more and more central over the next 5-10 years assuming growth continues so likely a new square to the south at some point. May not help me but my heirs will enjoy it ;-)

Larry A 07-07-2019 07:54 AM

My wife and I just purchased in Monarch Grove. We close on 07/11. We've been visiting T.V. for almost 15 years now and up until 2 months ago were dead set against going South of 466A. Things have changed. A visit to Fenney and a quick look at all the new amenities down South really changed our outlook. I'm a little nervous about our proximity to the Turnpike and the Federal Pen but if everything I've learned about The Villages over the years holds true, it will be beautiful in no time at all and we shouldn't be affected by either of those things. Just hope they get the connectivity bridges up A.S.A.P.

russtcc 07-07-2019 01:02 PM

Based on the recent drone flyover the bridge over the turnpike is starting up. It shows steel being staged and a crane in place on the Brownwood side of the turnpike. Quick completion of Meggison road from Brownwood to Warm Springs for autos will be very helpful.

Larry A 07-08-2019 12:02 PM

I’ve seen the latest drone fly-overs. Very impressive. I’ve also heard some rumors that the Bailey Road cattle bridge may be re-purposed as another golf cart bridge. I’m not sure what to believe and I’m surprised it’s so difficult to get factual information.

Debfrommaine 07-08-2019 02:25 PM

Did not realize that while Fenney is Sumter County, the millrate tax is more in Fenney due to Wildwood. My millrate near colony (Sumter County) is about 11 (or $1100 per $100k), while Fenney areas is about $400 more per $100k or $1500 per $100k; higher taxes. Homestead will help but interesting higher taxes.

rahart 07-08-2019 05:49 PM

Moved in to our home in Monarch Grove in June and love the near by amenities at Riverbend, Robert dog park, and Swallowtail. Plus other villages are nearby at Marsh Bend, McClure, DeSoto, and Fenney. Many homes and lots are being sold in Monarch Grove and many sales pending or houses are sold. Check Villages app and filter to new and pending in Monarch Grove only and click map. People haven’t moved into some yet and yes construction is still going on albeit a short term issue. My wife and I drive around in our golf cart to watch the progress.

Altavia 07-08-2019 07:21 PM

Also noticed bunch of spec homes and some new lots appeared in the app this week in MG.

What short term issue?

Goldwingnut 07-11-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry A (Post 1662939)
I’ve seen the latest drone fly-overs. Very impressive. I’ve also heard some rumors that the Bailey Road cattle bridge may be re-purposed as another golf cart bridge. I’m not sure what to believe and I’m surprised it’s so difficult to get factual information.

Work is already starting on the Bailey Bridge to allow it to connect across the Turnpike.

Drone shot of Bailey Bridge 6-19-19

According to reports I've read, it's being upgraded to handle both auto and GC traffic.

Growth plans are kept very quite to not impact current sale. The sales adage of SWAT, Sell What's Available Today applies. Don't want people not buying today because they are waiting for the next area to be built because will have a (fill in the blank) that I really want to be next to.

Larry A 07-21-2019 10:45 AM

Thanks for the response Wingnut. It’s appreciated. As are the videos.

Altavia 07-21-2019 11:16 AM

Leesburg Gas

Just sharing some historical info on the gas company in the MG area. The article give some clues on the direction of possible future decelopment.

Eye on The Villages: Fight over natural gas

Altavia 07-21-2019 11:20 AM

Village of West Lakes

1 Attachment(s)
MG could end up close to center of The Villages as development plans materialize.

Unable to paste link to article, but map image attached...

Altavia 07-21-2019 11:32 AM

Link to relatively recent satellite images including MG, guessing less that one year ago.

Scrolling to the north shows substantial progress of Village Oaks land prep in progress north of the Turnpike Plaza and cattle bridge.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=601f4...=2&form=S00027

VApeople 07-22-2019 09:53 PM

I drove down to Monarch Grove today to buy seven tacos from the food truck that sells to the workers and I was amazed to see all of the building that is going on. It is much more than was going on in Osceola Hills when we had our house built three years ago.

I heard The Villages just purchased the land just south of Monarch Grove so I expect to see them start building there very soon. I seems like it was just a few months ago that my wife and I parked in McClure and walked through what is now Linden and Monarch Grove and there wasn't a single house anywhere.

Joanne and Mike 07-23-2019 07:21 AM

We recently moved to McClure, near MG and we love it. It is so nice that everyone is moving in within a few months of each other, all looking to make new friends and do things together. All of our neighbors are so friendly and it will be the same in MG. Everything is clean and new, with lots of green space and natural areas.
For now, we do have to drive a bit to go shopping, but we can always get in the car. What is more important is where we spent most of our time - our home and neighborhood. There is so much to do here and with the new regional rec center, Everglades, opening soon, there will be so much more.

VillageIdiots 07-23-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 1654100)
By Christmas 2020...no chance Christmas this year.

The last official word from TV on connectivity was January 2020 on full connectivity. I've since heard a rumor that it changed to spring 2020, but have never seen that in writing and have yet to find anyone to confirm it. There are 2 major bridges that need to be in place to support the connectivity. One is already built and on the side of 44 just waiting to be lifted into place at any moment, and the other is currently being constructed on the side of the turnpike with the superstructure already half complete in only a couple of weeks. Given what you can see with your own eyes, there's no way it will be delayed until the end of next year. As a matter of fact, it looks more to be right on the original schedule.

sohappytobehere 07-23-2019 02:14 PM

This morning, we took a drive south of Monarch Grove. (We will be moving to Monarch Grove, off Reagan, in early 2020.) 501 dead-ends into 470. Right at that intersection, we saw one of The Villages' covered wagons. It'll be interesting to watch the development.

Schaumburger 07-23-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohappytobehere (Post 1666761)
This morning, we took a drive south of Monarch Grove. (We will be moving to Monarch Grove, off Reagan, in early 2020.) 501 dead-ends into 470. Right at that intersection, we saw one of The Villages' covered wagons. It'll be interesting to watch the development.

The expansion I going so fast, I have to constantly open up Google maps to see where everything is.

Altavia 07-24-2019 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They are filling in the gaps, just mind boggling the future may bring MG central to the community.

It would be logical the next square be somewhere central in the expansion areas..

From Villages News (unable to paste functional direct link)

Wildwood approves annexation of 770 acres that could be part of Villages of Southern Oaks
By Marv Balousek - July 23, 201

Wildwood commissioners Monday approved annexation of about 770 acres that could become part of the Villages of Southern Oaks development.
The property includes three parcels near the intersection of county roads 501 and 470.

The annexation was requested by The Villages Land Co., the Southern Oaks developer, on behalf of the Sanders Transfer Co. and Duval Farms, who may be the current land owners.

Two smaller parcels are north of CR 501 and west of CR 470. A larger parcel is east of CR 470, set back from the road, next to a 4,130-acre property that was zoned agricultural two years ago.

A decade ago, an 8,000-home development was proposed for the large agricultural property. Two years ago, Buffalo Hide & Cattle Co., an entity linked to The Villages, persuaded Wildwood officials to designate the property for agricultural instead of mixed-use zoning. At that time, the land was earmarked for use as pasture land.

The two smaller annexed parcels could be used for commercial or residential development since they border CR 501. But the larger annexed parcel currently has no road access and borders the pasture land.

Last year, Wildwood added 5,664 acres to the Southern Oaks area, nearly doubling the number of permitted homes to 49,339. The number of permitted homes often is higher than the number actually built.

Condominiums and apartments also are allowed in Southern Oaks, a sprawling development that stretches from U.S. 301 east nearly to CR 470 on both sides of the Florida Turnpike.

If all permitted homes are built, Southern Oaks would nearly double the size of The Villages, which had about 65,000 homes before the development began.

Southern Oaks also is authorized to include up to 11.2 million square feet of non-residential uses such as commercial and up to 1.4 million square feet of government or office space

Altavia 07-26-2019 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another map showing planning for new roads.

VApeople 07-27-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie0723 (Post 1666946)
It would be logical the next square be somewhere central in the expansion areas.

My guess is the next square will be somewhere in the beautiful land south of 470.

What is your guess?

Lottoguy 07-27-2019 08:57 AM

You should do as much research as you can before you buy here. Rent first if possible and ask many questions. When I see brand new homes already being resold that tells me these people didn't do their homework.

Velvet 07-27-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1667852)
You should do as much research as you can before you buy here. Rent first if possible and ask many questions. When I see brand new homes already being resold that tells me these people didn't do their homework.

Or, they were investors who could see the future demand.

VApeople 07-27-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1667852)
When I see brand new homes already being resold that tells me these people didn't do their homework.

That is a good observation. For example, there are 21 resales in Fenney alone. I don't think any other village has that many resales.

Velvet 07-27-2019 10:27 PM

Took a closer look at those houses with furniture etc, I think you are right, some do not look like they were bought for investment.

patfla06 07-28-2019 01:20 AM

If you want a new house then you have to look south of 44. Eventually the shopping and restaurants will be built.

My biggest problem would be moving to rural Florida and living close to the Florida Turnpike. :ohdear:

Altavia 07-28-2019 08:37 AM

I walked the Turnpike edge in MG before buying and heard no traffic noise. The high berms, trees and landscaping along the Turnpike, do an excellent job of mitigating the sound.

The trails intermingling with the river like chain of lakes, pockets of trees and landscaping already installed is beautiful and very peaceful.

pacjag 07-28-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie0723 (Post 1668081)
I walked the Turnpike edge in MG before buying and heard no traffic noise. The high berms, trees and landscaping along the Turnpike, do an excellent job of mitigating the sound.

We did the same and will be closing on our new house very soon.

blueeagle65 07-28-2019 11:56 AM

Buyer's remorse.

VApeople 07-28-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie0723 (Post 1668081)

I agree. We walked around MG and were surprised how little noise we could hear from the turnpike.

Marsh Bend is another story. We often walk the beautiful 2.5 mile trail around Hogeye Sink and the part near the turnpike is LOUD.