Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Walls behind patio villas (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/walls-behind-patio-villas-292546/)

Mistybuffy3 05-31-2019 03:00 PM

Walls behind patio villas

I have a wall behind my patio villa in tall trees, who paints those? Do I paint directly behind my house? Or do the villages do the walls?

justjim 05-31-2019 03:08 PM

Best to look at your deed restrictions, you should have a copy when you purchased your Villa.

villagetinker 05-31-2019 03:22 PM

I agree with above, check your deed restrictions, I remember an incident where a car ran into one of the walls (at a roundabout I think) and it was reported the homeowner was responsible for the repair (I am sure their insurance company collected from the driver) but my point is that you may have significant responsibilities in this area. I think, villages maintenance paints the outside (roadside) of the walls so it is a uniform color.

champion6 05-31-2019 08:52 PM

There is no one-size-fits-all answer anywhere in TV.

It literally varies from lot to lot. What you are responsible may be different from your next-door neighbor or from the neighbor five doors away. The difference depends on what is on the other side of the wall - which varies widely.

Marathon Man 06-01-2019 10:52 AM

Give the service center a call. (352) 753-4508

CWGUY 06-01-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1654360)
Give the service center a call. (352) 753-4508

:) That's the number for District Customer Service. They will probably point you to....
District Community Standards @ 352-751-3912
Have your I.D. ready as it has your Unit/Lot number on it. They can answer all your questions and give you the color number for the paint.
Hope this helps. :ho:

Mistybuffy3 06-01-2019 07:40 PM

Thanks everyone

theorem painter 06-02-2019 07:02 AM

I am sure it is The Villages. Two years ago they painted the courtyard villa walls along Parr Drive. If your wall needs painting I would definitely call.

Topspinmo 06-02-2019 04:47 PM

Villages will likely only be responsible for CYV walls that run along main outside streets. Any walls inside CYVs are owner responsibility that’s on you’re property. May be few exceptions, but I doubt it? It you’re on corner lot along inside villa street you are responsible for cleaning or painting both sides of walls. If you’re in inside (middle Unit) then you only have the back wall facing you’re house to clean or paint cause most all side walls are PVC separating properties that I’m aware of?

Some of the newer CYVs have cinder block walls which probably require little maintenance other than pressure washing ever few years? Now if you’re patio villa backs up to CYV wall and beings there no fence separating the properties you may have to call to see who’s responsible? I betting districts are not going to be responsible unless it run off Main Street?