Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Apologies - 1st Weekend (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/apologies-1st-weekend-292737/)

awolfe 06-03-2019 04:40 PM

Apologies - 1st Weekend

My apologies to everyone who was driving between Lake Sumter and Brownwood this weekend. I arrived in TV on Friday afternoon. Please tell me I’ll be able to figure out where I am and how to get through the roundabouts without hurting someone! I made turns without a signal, went straight with a signal, and still can’t get to Publix without having to do a U Turn! Be patient with newbies - they are like 4 year olds getting used to preschool. But, loving my rental in Amelia and ready to buy once my pending sale gets final!

PugMom 06-03-2019 04:56 PM

don't feel bad, a LOT of us have done the same things. i promise you will get the hang of it, lol. just remember to yield to drivers ALREADY in the roundabout. it can be scary @ 1st, i know

gatorbill1 06-03-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Audio Video (Post 1654995)
Roundabouts are easy if you remember the rules. To turn right, stay in the right lane. To go straight you can use either the left or right lane. To go left you must use the left lane. Never change lanes in the middle of a roundabout. use your right turn signal when exiting a roundabout. You should never use your left signal in a roundabout. if you don't try to go right from the left lane or left from the right lane, you'll be fine. Enjoy The Villages.

You can turn right from left lane, legally, but say your prayers first.

asianthree 06-03-2019 05:11 PM

Just remember golf cart stays in the cart lane. Car stays off cart paths

Jetakai 06-03-2019 05:12 PM

Quit bragging. :coolsmiley: I still have 3 years, 10 months and 26 days before I have to start apologizing for things. I am so jealous. I get my daily jolt by pulling up the weather reports in the villages just to read them. :bigbow:

villagetinker 06-03-2019 05:41 PM

OK, I have to admit during a lifestyle visit, I ended up on Stillwater drive in a golf cart, I think all the newbies get at least one OOPs, welcome to TV.

Marathon Man 06-03-2019 07:11 PM

http://www.districtgov.org/community...t-02-08-12.pdf

Have a look at the brocure.

awolfe 06-03-2019 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone! I am still going to keep drinking the zkoolaid.

Fredman 06-03-2019 08:00 PM

Remember to use your turn signals in the round about

OrangeBlossomBaby 06-03-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1655002)

If you're "taking a left" (which is actually going around 3/4, since the actual exit will always be on your right, and the middle of the circle will always be on your left), and you followed the rules and entered the circle in the left lane, then by the time you get to that "left" where you exit, the exit will now be to your right, and you will have to take a right from the left lane.

Those are the rules though. If you're going 3/4 of the way around the circle, you have to enter the circle in the left lane. And you're not allowed to change lanes. So you exit the circle to your right when you get to the exit, from the left lane.

JoMar 06-03-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

And wait for the police to cite you...no right turns from the left lane. Also, if you are making a left turn from the left lane use your signal.....no different than any intersection.

ColdNoMore 06-03-2019 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You are absolutely correct...on BOTH points. :ho:

Turning right...from left lane.

Bay Kid 06-04-2019 05:47 AM

Roundabouts are the reason I stay in my golf cart. Enjoy!

juneroses 06-04-2019 06:02 AM

"You should never use your left signal in a roundabout."

I nearly always use my left turn signal, once I'm in the rotary, to confirm to nearby drivers that I'm continuing around. Then when I've passed the last rotary to my right that I'm not taking, I use the right signal to indicate I'm exiting. Signal or not, however, caution and awareness of nearby cars is necessary. I don't recall reading that using the left signal is a no-no.

Bogie Shooter 06-04-2019 06:11 AM

Roundabouts......here we go again.:popcorn:

Oh wait, no need to repost all those opinions. Here are two threads from last month with 240 posts. Just copy and paste.:duck: