Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Water Drinker @ Bar (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/water-drinker--bar-292975/)

Chatbrat 06-07-2019 08:36 AM

Water Drinker @ Bar

We were @ a CC, yesterday afternoon, a single woman sat @ the bar next to my wife- when the bar tender asked what she wanted to drink- she asked for water and didn't order any food

This isn't fair to the bar tender who works for tips and it isn't fair to customers being denied a seat by a cheap skate

npwalters 06-07-2019 08:45 AM

Perhaps she was just waiting for a table?

Chatbrat 06-07-2019 08:55 AM

Not @ all, the place wasn't crowded( table wise), and she was there more than 30 minutes, when we left

retiredguy123 06-07-2019 11:03 AM

I agree, but the simple solution is for the bar to charge her a drink price for the water.

dewilson58 06-07-2019 11:33 AM

Wow..........NBD.

If she ordered a coke, the tip would have been a quarter.

:duck:

Midnight Cowgirl 06-07-2019 11:49 AM

You left before she did and you really don't know that she didn't tip the bartender.

njbchbum 06-07-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1655946)
Not @ all, the place wasn't crowded( table wise), and she was there more than 30 minutes, when we left

If you left before she did - how is it that you know she did not leave the bartender a tip?

theorem painter 06-07-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1655937)
We were @ a CC, yesterday afternoon, a single woman sat @ the bar next to my wife- when the bar tender asked what she wanted to drink- she asked for water and didn't order any food

This isn't fair to the bar tender who works for tips and it isn't fair to customers being denied a seat by a cheap skate

For all you know she could have been an alcoholic and was just waiting for a table.

jimmemac 06-07-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theorem painter (Post 1656041)
For all you know she could have been an alcoholic and was just waiting for a table.

Why does she have to be an alcoholic? Why can't she be a person waiting for someone??

Marathon Man 06-07-2019 02:44 PM

Seriously???? This is something to complain about??? Or even pay attention to???

Kenswing 06-07-2019 03:03 PM

I hope she wasn't wearing too much perfume..

dewilson58 06-07-2019 03:10 PM

My four or five posts of possibilities were deleted.

I think they are very related to the topic of this thread.

Since the OP left before the water drinker: maybe,

a) her hubby was drinking with buddies and she was giving him a ride home.

b) she left a $50 tip.

c) maybe she got there very early and had food with friends

d)

I'm old, I can't remember all the possibilities I posted.

:clap2:

pooh 06-07-2019 04:39 PM

I ask this with no intent of starting problems, but ask this question. In some countries, you’ll be given a glass of water if asked at restaurants or bars. Been trying to determine if the same is true here in FL. We’re at WDW quite often and if you’re thirsty, you can ask for a glass of water at any quick serve location. You can always buy bottled water, but if you ask for a glass of water, you’ll get it...is it the Mouse being nice...or is there a requirement? There are quick serve bars there and I assume the same rule applies. Anyone know if there’s a ruling about being given water if asked for or is it the bartender’s call?

Aloha1 06-07-2019 06:33 PM

So my two cents worth. I think the point of the OP is twofold. First, as most of us know when waiting for a table at a CC, there usually are no seats at the bar due to the happy hour crowd and golfers coming off the afternoon wave. Someone sitting there just drinking water, with apparently no intent to eat, was taking a seat that could have been filled with a paying customer. Second, the bartenders live on tips and tips are based on the bill. We have no idea if the person in question left a tip or not but what do you think someone who only drank a glass of free water might have left?

biker1 06-07-2019 07:37 PM

I am pretty sure this is not worth worrying about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1656104)
So my two cents worth. I think the point of the OP is twofold. First, as most of us know when waiting for a table at a CC, there usually are no seats at the bar due to the happy hour crowd and golfers coming off the afternoon wave. Someone sitting there just drinking water, with apparently no intent to eat, was taking a seat that could have been filled with a paying customer. Second, the bartenders live on tips and tips are based on the bill. We have no idea if the person in question left a tip or not but what do you think someone who only drank a glass of free water might have left?