Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Accosted at the Local Publix (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/accosted-local-publix-293056/)

jcvdd1 06-08-2019 11:04 AM

Accosted at the Local Publix

I just recently moved into The Villages and I am still slowly moving into my new house in the Village of Marsh Bend.
I have been an avid marathon runner all my life and this last Friday while attempting to complete my daily six mile run, ( still can’t get accustomed to the Florida heat ) I momentarily stepped into the Publix located near Brownwood for a quick bite to eat and to cool down.

Upon entering into the Publix, still perspiring profusely and still wearing my running gear (clothes), I was immediately accosted by two older Villages ladies who were also shopping at the Publix.

One lady approached me and offered to “bend-over” in front of me and help me select an item from the lower shelf. Yet another older female shopper noted that I had a stain on my running shorts and she offered to meet her back at her house in order that she may wash my running shorts.

My question; What’s up with some of the older single / married female residents of The Villages? Is it possible that there are so many female residents here that are just so lonely?

retiredguy123 06-08-2019 11:09 AM

Yes

John_W 06-08-2019 11:12 AM

I wouldn't say accosted, but more like befriended.

walterray1 06-08-2019 11:14 AM

Accosted? I don't really see the point of your post.

manaboutown 06-08-2019 11:15 AM

Cougars! The offer to bend over says it all.

ColdNoMore 06-08-2019 11:16 AM

If you play your cards right...you'll never have to cook again.

As long as you don't mind...casserole's for breakfast that is.
:D

Velvet 06-08-2019 11:19 AM

Hehehehe... now you know what it’s like to be a female with unwanted male attention.

The women are desperate, probably depressed. It is sad.

Hubby and I were at the same Publix in February this year on our Lifestyle visit before we bought. Hubby gets a cart and starts towards the entrance of Publix. There are few people, lots of room. A woman, reasonable looking, follows my husband and pushes her empty cart into hubby’s, she then winks at him instead of apologizing. I noticed as I was beside him. He didn’t even look at her just kept pushing the cart. I think he was protecting her from my response. I looked at the woman but said to myself, “Ok, Velvet, you are not going to...”

The desperation of some people amazes and saddens me. I don’t know what the antidote is to loneliness.

dewilson58 06-08-2019 11:26 AM

You have been ready too many novels.

Chi-Town 06-08-2019 11:38 AM

Sounds like a tale with a gender switch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Velvet 06-08-2019 11:43 AM

Truth is harder than fiction, huh?

Kenswing 06-08-2019 11:51 AM

Also known as a target rich environment.. lol

Laker14 06-08-2019 12:15 PM

Where is Mr. Midnight when you need him?

Chatbrat 06-08-2019 12:43 PM

Mr Midnight is now @ half mast, can't rise to the occasion

perrjojo 06-08-2019 12:49 PM

As a woman I have been approached (accosted) in similar situations. As others have said, now you guys know what we women put up with all of our lives. Lol

asianthree 06-08-2019 12:55 PM

Within days of a widower comes multiple casseroles at the front door. along with wanting to come in to keep you company, cook and clean. It’s fun to watch, have been out with many recent singles, and those who have lost a loved one, that have multiple stories to tell. At one time the ratio between male and female was a great percentage, that is moving toward a more even volume