Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Most Unconscious Driver, yet !! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/most-unconscious-driver-yet-293099/)

Chatbrat 06-09-2019 06:12 AM

Most Unconscious Driver, yet !!

Imagine this two women in a Navigator, rear door open @ least 10 bags of groceries dumped along Buena Vista, kept driving & talking-would have loved to see their faces when they got to their destination

Bay Kid 06-09-2019 07:18 AM

You can't fix some things.

DonH57 06-09-2019 07:22 AM

Did ya get it on video? That would have been cool!

Chatbrat 06-09-2019 08:00 AM

I am really thinking of getting a dash cam

SouthOfTheBorder 06-09-2019 08:21 AM

I hope someone alerted them so they would have a chance to stop and recover their groceries.

I have a hard time seeing any humor in their situation.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you had to have been there.....

Don

Chatbrat 06-09-2019 08:28 AM

They were too busy talking to be alerted and do you think they could stop in the middle of Buena Vista, without getting hit ?

DeanFL 06-09-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder (Post 1656447)
I hope someone alerted them so they would have a chance to stop and recover their groceries.

Don

Sorry, but I do... How could a driver and a passenger NOT realize the back hatch is open in a moving SUV?

My guess is that they loaded the grocery bags and pushed the electric hatch closure button, then walked to the front doors and started the vehicle...a bag or such prevented the hatch to completely close and reversed open. They drove off and viola'. One would think the noise from the rear would have alerted them... wind noise, road noise, crashing of bags... :22yikes:

JoelJohnson 06-09-2019 08:44 AM

In one of our moves, we had a U-Haul truck, full to the top and packed to the fullest. We had our son drive it to the destination, on the he kept getting honks from some guy behind him. He said he thought the guy wanted to pass him, but he refused to pull over. At a light the guy pulled up next to him and informed him the door was open on the truck. He felt like a jerk (which he was), but because the truck was packed so tight, nothing fell out.

Blessed2BNTV 06-09-2019 08:44 AM

One of the many wonderful things in TV is the friendships that are made here. Maybe the two were talking about good things OR some troubles in their lives or families. We don’t know.

But what I do know is to NOT to make fun of or light of someone else’s misfortunes.

As we age, some of us are gonna forget to do something. Let’s help each other rather than tear each other down, please.

Happy Sunday y’all!

Retiring 06-09-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV (Post 1656455)
One of the many wonderful things in TV is the friendships that are made here. Maybe the two were talking about good things OR some troubles in their lives or families. We don’t know.

But what I do know is to NOT to make fun of or light of someone else’s misfortunes.

As we age, some of us are gonna forget to do something. Let’s help each other rather than tear each other down, please.

Happy Sunday y’all!

Amen.

CWGUY 06-09-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Don

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV (Post 1656455)

Happy Sunday y’all!

Thank you both for posting...... I'm glad I didn't post when I first read this thread this morning. You both said it nicer than I would have. :ho:

And - Did anyone else think "Stupid" seemed a bit harsh? :ohdear:

njbchbum 06-09-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Don

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1656450)
Sorry, but I do... How could a driver and a passenger NOT realize the back hatch is open in a moving SUV?

My guess is that they loaded the grocery bags and pushed the electric hatch closure button, then walked to the front doors and started the vehicle...a bag or such prevented the hatch to completely close and reversed open. They drove off and viola'. One would think the noise from the rear would have alerted them... wind noise, road noise, crashing of bags... :22yikes:

And I would hope so as well. Anyone not trying to alert the women just goes to show that there truly are mean-spirited folks driving thru the Villages [and probably living there, too]. I have always appreciated the kind man who honked down my husband as he started to enter Rt I-95 from a rest area with the tailgate open and our belongings at risk!

Velvet 06-09-2019 09:46 AM

My thinking is some people have been badly hurt in the past. I’m sending kind and healing thoughts to them.

Blessed2BNTV 06-09-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1656472)
My thinking is some people have been badly hurt in the past. I’m sending kind and healing thoughts to them.

Velvet, such a smart post and so true. Once we forgive transgressions to and against others, our lives can become full of joy.

I know this from personal experience. My mom was hurt very badly and carried that throughout her life.

She became bedridden the last 9 months of her life which allowed her to pray and forgive others and most importantly, herself for allowing the hurt.

My mom’s LAST words to me before Jesus called her home were....”I’m happy because I know God loves me”.

I saw the joy, and most importantly the peace on my momma’s face when she left this earth. And for this I am forever grateful.

My prayer is that others forgive and find peace.

Velvet 06-09-2019 10:19 AM

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story, Blessed.