Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Fake food has to go! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/fake-food-has-go-293180/)

OlifOlif 06-10-2019 01:57 PM

Fake food has to go!

Recently, my grandkids sent me a phone letter saying that they don't want burgers no more, but these things that look like steak but are made from trees! They say these are much better for you because nobody gets killed in the process!

I tried one of these "burgers", and they taste like crap! I don't know why Taylor and Hunter like this junk! I think they switched from real food to the phony kind is because their phones told them to do this!

Has anyone out there tried these fake foods? Did you like them or do you agree they taste like s#it? And do your grandkids also eat this junk, or are they smart enough to eat what's real?

manaboutown 06-10-2019 02:27 PM

I remember Tang. Diet sodas which are extremely bad for people for numerous reasons I avoid like the plague. Cheap fake sugar sweetener made from corn is difficult to avoid but I try. My mother served oleo (gag!); I stick with real butter.

Fake meat is not for me. These kids are propagandized in school by radicals from outfits like PETA the schools let in to not eat real meat.

valuemkt 06-10-2019 06:13 PM

tofu, kale .now this.. give me a break .. or better yet, a steak

Yung Dum 06-10-2019 06:15 PM

I haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. You seem angry about some fake burgers. Who are Taylor & Hunter? So many questions, so little time.

retiredguy123 06-10-2019 07:12 PM

I agree with the OP. I have tried every low calorie pizza, fake ice cream, low fat cheese, fake burgers, etc. and none of them are worth eating. Eat the real thing in moderation, and enjoy.

Velvet 06-10-2019 07:26 PM

They are suggesting vegan food for cats here, but the cats aren’t going for it.

Midnight Cowgirl 06-11-2019 12:03 AM

Vegan for Kitties? No Way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1656873)

Whomever it is that is suggesting vegan food for cats doesn't know what they are talking about.

That person obviously has no clue!

Two Bills 06-11-2019 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1656873)

I have a cousin who insists her dog is vegetarian the same as her.
I slip it meat whenever I visit.
She can't understand why the dog is so friendly toward me.
The neighbor spotted me doing it once, but said "It's OK, I have been slipping the dog meat leftovers for ages!"

Bay Kid 06-11-2019 06:03 AM

Life is too short for fake food.

LuckyS 06-11-2019 08:06 AM

They say coconut oil is the best thing to go with kale, it makes it much easier to slide off the plate into the trash

tophcfa 06-11-2019 08:30 AM

Our youth has been brainwashed to blindly accept things labeled by certain buzzwords such as echo, green, sustainable, enviro friendly, etc... And God forbid they avoid anything that "empowers" them, whatever that means? Just label something with the appropriate buzzword and it is like mosquitos flying straight into the bug zapper.

ColdNoMore 06-11-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyS (Post 1656947)
They say coconut oil is the best thing to go with kale, it makes it much easier to slide off the plate into the trash.

:1rotfl:...:1rotfl:

LI SNOWBIRD 06-11-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyS (Post 1656947)
They say coconut oil is the best thing to go with kale, it makes it much easier to slide off the plate into the trash

So funny--thanks :coolsmiley:

DAVES 06-11-2019 09:20 AM

The tale of the egg

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1656771)
I remember Tang. Diet sodas which are extremely bad for people for numerous reasons I avoid like the plague. Cheap fake sugar sweetener made from corn is difficult to avoid but I try. My mother served oleo (gag!); I stick with real butter.

Fake meat is not for me. These kids are propagandized in school by radicals from outfits like PETA the schools let in to not eat real meat.

It has changed soooo many times, I'm not sure if they are good for you THIS WEEK or not.

As to mom and oleo. My mother and her buddies all read Dr. ????Spock and they used to put eggs into everything. I remember RAW eggs put into chocolate milk run through the Waring Blender.

I am certain that worrying about this stuff raises your cholesterol. Surely, after we are buried they will study us and wonder can you believe they thought salami was bad for you and they all came from a mother?

dewilson58 06-11-2019 09:24 AM

Some generations grew up on Twinkies, Oreo's, Easy Cheese, Spaghetti-Os, Pop Tarts and Bacon Bits.

Oh, that was us.