Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Tire Pressure Info Needed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tire-pressure-info-needed-293197/)

Roll With It 06-10-2019 03:41 PM

Tire Pressure Info Needed

Hi everyone. I live in the Spanish Springs area and I am looking for a gas station that has an air pump. Tire pressure is low and having trouble finding an air pump. Thank you in advance for your help!

Arctic Fox 06-10-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll With It (Post 1656802)
Tire pressure is low and having trouble finding an air pump.

I inflate mine using a stirrup pump bought at WalMart. The tires are small enough that it doesn't take that much effort.

logdog 06-10-2019 03:48 PM

If it's for a car, Sam's Club provides free air. Pull up to the garage area (not the gas station) and someone will come out and check/fill your tires.

CWGUY 06-10-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 1656806)
If it's for a car, Sam's Club provides free air. Pull up to the garage area (not the gas station) and someone will come out and check/fill your tires.

:) Great service at Sam's and they will not take a tip. I tried and they refuse and say Thank you. I think it must be Company Policy.

If you are talking a CART TIRE try the Villages Golf cart garage. Down by Winn Dixie and Ace Hardware.

Roll With It 06-10-2019 05:32 PM

Thank you for all your help. I know I can always count on all of you for help. So happy to be part of this supportive community!

BRN_RI_FL 06-10-2019 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Being a snowbird, we’re always inflating and deflating tires for both the Jeep we keep down there and the golf cart. I’ve had good luck with the attached which I purchased from Amazon in January 2017.

EdFNJ 06-10-2019 05:54 PM

Shell station at Colony has an air pump. Cost a buck in quarters.. Who said air is free? :)

DAVES 06-10-2019 06:14 PM

You do not say bike, golf cart, car or truck

In any case my answer is the same. I use what you might think of as a bicycle air pump. A good one will have a pressure gauge on it. I would seek out one where the gauge is at the top so you do not need to bend to read it. I bought mine at Walmart on a close out. It is a better quality one with the gauge and it cost $14. I also have an inexpensive 1/2 hp one that I bought years ago.
I rarely use it because by the time I roll out the extension cord and find my pressure gauge; it is easier and faster to use the hand pump.

If, you are talking a car, or truck with tubeless tires, if, you allow the tire to run too low and you break the seal to the rim, you need to jack up the car and will likely need a larger compressor.

Hint, if you see a nail in your tire do not pull it out. Mark the location with chalk, pump up the tire with your hand pump and drive to a tire place to get it repaired.

N44125 06-10-2019 06:27 PM

Gordon’s Garage, AKA Villages Golf Carts, at LSL next to Barnes & Noble. Drive up to the gas pump out front, free air device on the right next to the store’s front door. Has a self reading pressure gauge, need help just ask and one of their employees will help.

Roll With It 06-10-2019 07:43 PM

Thank you everyone. My tires are all set!

Topspinmo 06-10-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1656848)
Shell station at Colony has an air pump. Cost a buck in quarters.. Who said air is free? :)

Only HOT air:ohdear:

ColdNoMore 06-10-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N44125 (Post 1656858)
Gordon’s Garage, AKA Villages Golf Carts, at LSL next to Barnes & Noble. Drive up to the gas pump out front, free air device on the right next to the store’s front door. Has a self reading pressure gauge, need help just ask and one of their employees will help.

I like the one there where you can set the pressure you want and it will only pump...until it reaches that preset pressure.
:thumbup:

manaboutown 06-10-2019 08:44 PM

What I did is buy a Black and Decker pump which can run off my house current or a battery. I wanted a name brand and the DeWalt was twice the price. I set the digital display to the pressure I want, clamp the hose onto the tire valve and turn it on. I do this every couple of weeks. It keeps my tires properly inflated for mileage, performance and tire life. Frankly I became disgusted with the rip off coin operated machines at gas stations which are timed so that it takes two goes to complete the pumping up of four tires.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...C12A556JAFW2TN

Chatbrat 06-11-2019 04:29 AM

Free air a@ any & all WaWa's,

rjn5656 06-11-2019 05:57 AM

I go to the tire store. they do it for free.