Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Baseball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/)
-   -   Big papi (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/big-papi-293276/)

Nucky 06-11-2019 02:32 PM

Big papi
 
As a Lifelong Yankee Fan after the Boston Bombing when David Ortiz gave his inspirational speech he single-handedly turned the feeling that many of us had in our heart around. After all, it really is only a game. What a bunch of Pinheads we all were on both sides for taking it for more than just a good-natured rivalry.

I have nothing but Love and Respect for him and The Red Sox and feel terrible for the recent events that have changed his life forever. He will take this terrible situation and turn into something positive. He is a Good Man and our family wishes him well.

David Ortiz rallies the Boston crowd after Boston Marathon tragedy - YouTube
'Big Papi' David Ortiz, Ex-Boston Red Sox Slugger, Stable After Being Shot in Dominican Republic - YouTube

:bigbow: no hay nadie mejor que tu

Bosoxfan 06-11-2019 05:31 PM

Very well said my friend.

Kenswing 06-11-2019 05:52 PM

Pretty awesome that the Sox sent a plane down to take him back to Boston for further medical treatment.

Taltarzac725 06-11-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1657055)
As a Lifelong Yankee Fan after the Boston Bombing when David Ortiz gave his inspirational speech he single-handedly turned the feeling that many of us had in our heart around. After all, it really is only a game. What a bunch of Pinheads we all were on both sides for taking it for more than just a good-natured rivalry.

I have nothing but Love and Respect for him and The Red Sox and feel terrible for the recent events that have changed his life forever. He will take this terrible situation and turn into something positive. He is a Good Man and our family wishes him well.

David Ortiz rallies the Boston crowd after Boston Marathon tragedy - YouTube
'Big Papi' David Ortiz, Ex-Boston Red Sox Slugger, Stable After Being Shot in Dominican Republic - YouTube

:bigbow: no hay nadie mejor que tu

I saw that on the Evening news. Very sad.

dewilson58 06-11-2019 08:29 PM

My Bride and all her 100 family members are Cardinals fans.


Sat and watched the Sox win the World Series.


I thought DO was a class act back then.


He was amazing during the bombing.




Speedy recovery DO!!!!!

collie1228 06-12-2019 07:27 AM

Big Papi is a good man, and this Yankee fan wishes him a full and speedy recovery. Unfortunately he is well known for hanging around with a bad crowd, in bad places in the DR, and this awful event was probably inevitable. I read that he didn't have much security and relied on his fans to protect him. Hopefully if he continues to go clubbing in Santiago, he'll invest in bodyguards.

valuemkt 06-12-2019 02:23 PM

I find it amazing that a baseball superstar gets shot in his native Dominican Republic and the entire country is up in arms .. yet several people have been killed in exclusive resorts in the touristy area of Punta Cana DR and no one gives a care. My conspiracy theory is that the revered Papi did something to deserve it.. random tourists didnt do anything to deserve their untimely fate.

Bucco 06-12-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 1657290)
I find it amazing that a baseball superstar gets shot in his native Dominican Republic and the entire country is up in arms .. yet several people have been killed in exclusive resorts in the touristy area of Punta Cana DR and no one gives a care. My conspiracy theory is that the revered Papi did something to deserve it.. random tourists didnt do anything to deserve their untimely fate.

I was not going to post on this at all, but I am amazed at this publicity also.

DR has been cited so many times as a nation in which ALL want to leave because of crime in that country...I am sure you saw all the headlines,

I wish him well of course....he is a fellow human being, but canonizing him because he was a MLB player is a bit overdone. He IS worth a reported 45 MILLION dollars.

Nothing much is ever said about the poor slobs worth nothing who get shot each day in our OWN country....that we accept...this we get all upset about.

Sorry but just a bad day I guess. I am betting that in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals tonight, he is memoralized.

Great player but as a super baseball fan I recall all the cheating rumors, the bling and such, but I wish him well for sure.

Nucky 06-12-2019 06:07 PM

Big Papi's wife said his condition is improving. Thankfully. He was the one who was CANONized. A small Canon. Bringing Up What his Worth, Status as a Retired Ball Player, Cheating, Bling has to do at a time when a guy gets blasted just leaves me befuddled.

There are just as many reports about him doing good things for people. I think not kicking a Man or Person while their down is applicable in a situation like this. If anybody needs a link, find it yourself. I think you could almost consider that Bullying to some extent. Big Papi went from Rags To Riches. I admire him and pray for his speedy recovery.

Bucco 06-12-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1657321)
Big Papi's wife said his condition is improving. Thankfully. He was the one who was CANONized. A small Canon. Bringing Up What his Worth, Status as a Retired Ball Player, Cheating, Bling has to do at a time when a guy gets blasted just leaves me befuddled.

There are just as many reports about him doing good things for people. I think not kicking a Man or Person while their down is applicable in a situation like this. If anybody needs a link, find it yourself. I think you could almost consider that Bullying to some extent. Big Papi went from Rags To Riches. I admire him and pray for his speedy recovery.

Your words were that you "loved and respected him". No bigger sports fan or baseball fan than me, but I cannot say I "love or respect"......especially love.

My point was adoration because he was shot.....over the years on this same forum, I have expressed shock and revulsion because of slaughter of children. Not received well at all. On the other news site, a story about a baby who was abused, nobody said a word.

His wealth and especially the drugs were meant to balance your love and respect for him, a man you do not know.

You certainly have the right to feel how you feel, and no critics may of that...I join you as I said in the post you are replying to that I wished him well. I simply wish we, not you, we respected people more for their actual actions and morals, rather than their money, etc.

Especially since DR is involved. We sort of "kick" that country around.

That simple


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.