Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages Transportation from Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-transportation-brownwood-293307/)

YouNeverKnow 06-12-2019 12:00 PM

Villages Transportation from Brownwood

We have a late flight coming in Orlando and would like to use The Villages Transportation from the airport to Brownwood. Since it is late we are not asking anyone to pick us up. Is there Uber or a taxi we can use to get from Brownwood to our house that would run after midnight?

villagetinker 06-12-2019 12:20 PM

They (Villages transportation) have taxi service available, $10 per person I think.

CWGUY 06-12-2019 12:30 PM

:ho: The Villages Transportation | Shuttle service to and from Orlando International Airport Call them.

EdFNJ 06-12-2019 01:10 PM

Just something else to consider. Might not be best for everyone. We found it was cheaper then the $40 per person they charge to rent a car from Enterprise at the airport (or here at LSL), pick it up at the airport and return it to LSL the next day If you do it far enough in advance it cost us last time (after AARP/Senior discount) $106 total for BOTH ways. Cheaper than gas, tolls, and parking depending on how long you are away.

claricecolin 06-12-2019 01:55 PM

Call make sure taxi service runs late. I know from experience (6 years ago)) they stopped at 10. Hopefully that has changed. My experience with Uber is really late you might have a long wait. Lately most of my drivers have been Villagers and they seem to finish about 7 or so. If you do uber make sure you download the app and enter information and get verified. That isn't something you want to have to do when you want to get home. It is really easy takes about 10 minutes.

rondee1384 06-12-2019 07:13 PM

Just used VILLAGE AIRPORT EXPRESS. They cost $40 pp one way to MCO. They run 24/7 and will pick you up and drop you off at your home. No more than 5 people in a comfortable van. We were the only ones being picked up at the airport, so it was a direct ride home. Overall, very pleasant experience with both drivers and will use them again. This is NOT the yellow striped van called VILLAGE AIRPORT VAN.

Bill32 06-12-2019 07:35 PM

There are many Uber and Lyft drivers at the airport, trip to Brownwood would be about $60 to $80. plus tip. Download both apps to your phone and choose either or....

tophcfa 06-12-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow (Post 1657256)
We have a late flight coming in Orlando and would like to use The Villages Transportation from the airport to Brownwood. Since it is late we are not asking anyone to pick us up. Is there Uber or a taxi we can use to get from Brownwood to our house that would run after midnight?

The Villages Transportation will arrange for a driver to bring you home from the shuttle for $15 (at least they do from LSL), I assume they also do it from Brownwood. It is only a matter of time before every Villages Transportation Shuttle also starts stopping in Fenney, or some other place in the new Villages South, making for a longer ride for the northern Villages residents.

Bill32 06-13-2019 09:06 PM

I Just looked at the Uber and Lyft apps .....10PM 125 Uber and 40 Lyft cars at the airport, no waiting, no changing, take you right to your door, just another option..

BobnBev 06-14-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow (Post 1657256)

Did you get my PM?