Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pro Golf (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/)
-   -   Golf Club Abuse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pro-golf-333/golf-club-abuse-293483/)

Chi-Town 06-15-2019 11:12 AM

Golf Club Abuse

I know that you can be assessed a penalty point for tennis racquet abuse, but does that apply to golf? Patrick Reed had a meltdown of sorts at the 18th hole during the second round if the U.S. Open. Only thing better is if he had broken the club over his head.

U.S. Open 2019: Watch Patrick Reed snap his wedge over his knee in a mesmerizing burst of rage - Golf Digest

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eweissenbach 06-15-2019 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Chi-Town;1657904]I know that you can be assessed a penalty point for tennis racquet abuse, but does that apply to golf? Patrick Reed had a meltdown of sorts at the 18th hole during the second round if the U.S. Open. Only thing better is if he had broken the club over his head.

U.S. Open 2019: Watch Patrick Reed snap his wedge over his knee in a mesmerizing burst of rage - Golf Digest

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Patrick Reed is an A$$, and I say that in the most loving way possible.

ColdNoMore 06-15-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1657904)
I know that you can be assessed a penalty point for tennis racquet abuse, but does that apply to golf? Patrick Reed had a meltdown of sorts at the 18th hole during the second round if the U.S. Open. Only thing better is if he had broken the club over his head.

No penalty strokes under the USGA Rules, but he cannot use that club again (he was on 18 anyway, so no big deal).

I'm sure the USGA, since this the Open, can fine him though.

I know the PGA Tour hands out fines...for cursing/temper fits/etc.

I get that he's passionate and the 'Captain America' stuff, but his comments regarding feeling dissed about the Ryder Cup pairings (and other things)...hasn't exactly endeared him with his fellow players.

It's past time...that he grows up. :ohdear:

Taltarzac725 06-15-2019 02:02 PM

Rules of Golf: Anger on the Golf Course

This is interesting. :popcorn:

collie1228 06-16-2019 07:32 AM

Reed gets more than the normal coverage for this since he is known throughout the golfing world as an arrogant guy, so I suppose he deserves the scorn. But I have some sympathy for him - golf is hard.

Chi-Town 06-16-2019 08:58 AM

With Patrick Reed every high has a low.

Patrick Reed's controversial past, highs and lows

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk