Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Men's shirts with pockets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/mens-shirts-pockets-293485/)

retiredguy123 06-15-2019 11:16 AM

What happened to men's shirts with pockets?

All my shirts have a pocket. Tee shirts, polos, and dress shirts. I like them. But, apparently, I have become a dinosaur. Almost no shirts sold in stores have a pocket, especially pull over shirts. When did this happen and why? By the way, if you want shirts with a pocket, go to Landsend.com.

Topspinmo 06-17-2019 12:29 PM

I agree I hate shirt with no pocket. It’s an extra 2 cents to sow on pocket, so that cuts into India 🇮🇳 slave labor costs.

Two Bills 06-17-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1657907)
All my shirts have a pocket. Tee shirts, polos, and dress shirts. I like them. But, apparently, I have become a dinosaur. Almost no shirts sold in stores have a pocket, especially pull over shirts. When did this happen and why? By the way, if you want shirts with a pocket, go to Landsend.com.

It's like collarless shirts on golf courses, and here in The Villages 'Denim' allowed on the courses!
Soon us dinosaurs will be gone, and the next generation can wallow in bad taste!
Pockets, collars, slacks, and tailored shorts.
Long may they survive.
Amen.

FMF Doc 06-17-2019 01:08 PM

shirts with pockets

Sam's club has Greg Norman t shirts with pockets.

N44125 06-17-2019 01:25 PM

Amazon.com....put in a search for polo shirts, pockets....lots of choices.

DeanFL 06-17-2019 02:04 PM

I don't miss T-shirts, polos, or golf shirts without pockets. Stopped missing them many many years back when I quick smoking and pen pocket protectors were looked upon as geeky. What do you guys put in those pockets? I use shorts/pants pockets to carry stuff.

Even dress shirts now, I think look better w/o the pocket. Just sayin', my point of view.

JoMar 06-17-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1658455)
I don't miss T-shirts, polos, or golf shirts without pockets. Stopped missing them many many years back when I quick smoking and pen pocket protectors were looked upon as geeky. What do you guys put in those pockets? I use shorts/pants pockets to carry stuff.

Even dress shirts now, I think look better w/o the pocket. Just sayin', my point of view.

I agree, I have a couple shirts with pockets and never put anything in them. Working and needed a pen yes, retired with an iPhone...no.

capecodder1 06-19-2019 08:13 AM

I need a shirt pocket to carry my reading glasses. Belk's often has great sales on quality shirts with pockets.

justjim 06-19-2019 09:06 AM

Sometimes I put my sunglasses in the shirt pocket, sometimes a check or two and a lottery ticket, etc. etc. Different strokes for different folks. The van Heusen/Izod stores in Sumter Landing and Brownwood have some very nice golf type shirts with collars and pockets. You will find some with pockets there and some without pockets. Smart marketing - - something for everybody’s Taste and style.

Topspinmo 06-19-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1658455)

Wait till you have to have reading glasses, glasses, or sunglasses.