Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Silly Trucks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/silly-trucks-293525/)

OldManTime 06-16-2019 08:10 AM

Silly Trucks

Can someone tell me what those white pickup tricks do, other than ride around and give us the false impression we are being watched for security reasons
:bigbow:

dewilson58 06-16-2019 08:17 AM

Tricks are for kids.

villagetinker 06-16-2019 08:20 AM

Among other things:
They let you know if your garage door is open late at night.
They let you know if you left the convertible top down (rain predicted).
They will let you know if something does not look right, at your house (NOT community standards violations).
They keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles, or people, think the meat vendor, gypsies, etc.
They provide assistance for broken down vehicles, as well as assisting at accident scenes.
I am sure there are many other items, that I have not thought about, and having been the recipient of a few of these services, I like having them around.

dewilson58 06-16-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1658121)
Among other things:
They let you know if you left the convertible top down (rain predicted).
They will let you know if something does not look right, at your house (NOT community standards violations).
They keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles, or people, think the meat vendor, gypsies, etc.
They provide assistance for broken down vehicles, as well as assisting at accident scenes.
I am sure there are many other items, that I have not thought about, and having been the recipient of a few of these services, I like having them around.

:ho:

CWGUY 06-16-2019 08:47 AM

:coolsmiley:

Village Community Development Districts

If you know how to :read: you can always find straight answers on the District Web Site.

Note: Not everyone is looking for answers..... some just like to complain all the time!

Marathon Man 06-16-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManTime (Post 1658116)
Can someone tell me what those white pickup tricks do, other than ride around and give us the false impression we are being watched for security reasons

Yes. Community Watch can. Why not stop by their office. Of course, you may end up with one less thing to complain about.

New Englander 06-16-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManTime (Post 1658116)

Why not volunteer and become a driver of those trucks and then you will see just what their mission is all about?

alwann 06-16-2019 10:39 AM

Silly trucks

Isn't driving one of those trucks a paying job? It would take a rare person to volunteer for the overnight shift.

DeanFL 06-16-2019 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1658121)
Among other things:

We can attest to THAT. We got a phone call about 3AM a few years ago. Scared the bejesus out of us. It was a Comm Watch truck to alert us that our garage door was open.

We double check now - and I have installed a DIY opener switch and LED inside our laundry room, which illuminates when the door's open. Yes, it's too annoying to have to manually open the door to ensure the garage door is closed....

OldManTime 06-17-2019 10:50 AM

Really, that is the list of what they should be doing, in 18 years here not seen any evidence.

Dan9871 06-17-2019 11:09 AM

We've been called in the middle of the night by Community Watch about our open garage door. So have some of our neighbors. I've also seen Community Watch reattaching the swing arm on the gate nearby us. I've also seen community watch directing traffic around a tipped over concrete truck. A number of neighbors use Community Watch to do walk arounds and door checks when they are away.

Packer Fan 06-17-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldManTime (Post 1658395)
Really, that is the list of what they should be doing, in 18 years here not seen any evidence.

Well, let me give you some. I have 2 rental homes in the Villages, and they call me if anything looks out of place- if there are 2 papers in the driveway, if the same light is left on for more than 3 days, they called me to let me know a large branch had come off my queen palm and was laying on the roof.

These guys are Fantastic. Why don't you go find something else to complain about please.