Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New MMP directional signs going up? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-mmp-directional-signs-going-up-293685/)

kcrazorbackfan 06-18-2019 08:38 PM

New MMP directional signs going up?

I've seen new poles mounted at the intersections on the MMP's (at least those south of 466); easier to read signs maybe coming?

I hope so; the current directional signs are hard to read even in perfect conditions.

tophcfa 06-18-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1658739)
I've seen new poles mounted at the intersections on the MMP's (at least those south of 466); easier to read signs maybe coming?

I hope so; the current directional signs are hard to read even in perfect conditions.

I agree, the current signs simply don't cut it for seniors with eyes that don't work the way they used to, especially when the light is low or it is raining. Even during the daylight the current signs are not that clear. When we first moved to the Villages the signs were of little help, now it does not really matter since we know our way around and don't need the signs. But for people who need the signs for directions, this will be a welcome change.

JerryLBell 06-20-2019 02:08 PM

I have seen notices elsewhere that they are planning on putting up new, much higher-contrast and easier-to-read direction signs. After 2 years here, I kind of know my way around now but still manage to miss the occasional sign telling me I should go under the tunnel to continue up Morse or whatever. The current signs remind me of those patterned blob prints that you stare at log enough and suddenly you see a dolphin leaping out of the water in 3D but you get a headache looking at it. They where a weird design choice.

ColdNoMore 06-20-2019 03:12 PM

The original sign makers were just suffering the aftereffect's, from the creosote factory explosion...at Lake Sumter.

Garywt 06-21-2019 10:24 AM

They were starting to put some up in April. Black sign with white lettering, so much easier to read.

Velvet 06-21-2019 12:39 PM

This sign change is especially nice for newbies.

champion6 06-27-2019 09:55 AM

From today's District Weekly Bulletin:

Multi Modal Path Signs
The Multi Modal Path Discussion Group Guide Sign project is under construction.
Starting Monday, July 1, 2019, the contractor will be onsite to commence installation of the new multi-modal trail guide signs on the new posts they previously installed. Completion of the project is expected in August 2019.

golf2140 06-27-2019 01:30 PM

Waste of Money. After 30 days you don't know your way around, signs will not help you.

Polar Bear 06-27-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 1660569)
Waste of Money. After 30 days you don't know your way around, signs will not help you.

How about those first 30 days? :)

Henryk 06-27-2019 07:16 PM

Whoever approved the white-on-beige signs was an idiot.

I have seen the B&W signs, and they are an improvement. HOWEVER the signs I have seen do NOT indicate direction, i.e. north or south.

Did they not get the memo??

kcrazorbackfan 06-27-2019 07:49 PM

BTW, has anyone noticed that a few of the posts, for the new signs, are not straight? It will really be noticeable once the signs are attached.

C'mon man, did you not have a level when you set the posts in concrete?

dewilson58 06-28-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1660637)
BTW, has anyone noticed that a few of the posts, for the new signs, are not straight? It will really be noticeable once the signs are attached.

C'mon man, did you not have a level when you set the posts in concrete?

Is it the sign, or is it us???...............as we get older, we all start to tilt.

justjim 06-28-2019 06:37 AM

If you don’t know that you are traveling north or south, you probably should travel by Taxi, Uber or have a friend take you. Just saying...

Henryk 06-28-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1660674)
If you don’t know that you are traveling north or south, you probably should travel by Taxi, Uber or have a friend take you. Just saying...

As you may have noticed, when you first move here everything looks the same! What landmarks? Besides, when announced, it was said they would indicate direction.

Would you know where to go if I-75 didn’t indicate the direction?

Bogie Shooter 06-28-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henryk (Post 1660684)
As you may have noticed, when you first move here everything looks the same! What landmarks? Besides, when announced, it was said they would indicate direction.

Would you know where to go if I-75 didn’t indicate the direction?

Look for the sun, my son...……….