Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   New Golf Cart Purchase Inquiry / Suggestions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/new-golf-cart-purchase-inquiry-suggestions-293858/)

jcvdd1 06-21-2019 12:36 PM

New Golf Cart Purchase Inquiry / Suggestions

Greetings-

I am in the process of purchasing a new Yamaha Gas powered Golf Cart and would appreciate some assistance. Since there appears to be a wide variety and a vast difference in cost, I am seeking advice on which "basic" model to purchase, location to purchase and what is a fair amount to spend.

I’m willing to purchase outside The Villages if I can save a few bucks. A specific model number and any suggestion's of “must-add” items would also be helpful. Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

I thank you in advance for your assistance….

:bigbow:

bagboy 06-21-2019 05:56 PM

Carts And Clubs Ocala Florida, Custom Golf Cart Builder - Yamaha Golf Cart dealer - New & Used Golf Carts For Sale

ladygolfer123 06-21-2019 06:27 PM

Buying New? Carts and Clubs in Ocala...go to their showroom and let them show you how they are made and what the basic and extras are. We bought new last November from them so the quiet EFI and deluxe high back seats with padded armrests were high on our list for sound and comfort. That was after 8 yrs of driving a 2010 rebuilt. Depends on how much you think you will be driving it too! Good Luck!
We love ours!!!

kcrazorbackfan 06-21-2019 07:30 PM

Just ordered a new cart from Carts and Clubs on Tuesday; bought it from Peggy.

npwalters 06-21-2019 08:11 PM

I bought my Drive2 PTV in Gadsden AL and saved about $2,000 compared to TV and Ocala. Carts and Clubs are nice folks and seem honest but they still have a pretty hefty mark up. Buying in TV you will pay a very hefty mark up. Many folks choose to pay it for the convenience of preferred service.

npwalters 06-21-2019 08:15 PM

BTW, I bought my El Tigre seats at Carts and Clubs for a reasonable price. Took me about 15 minutes to install them- literally just 4 easily accessible bolts.

Toymeister 06-21-2019 08:26 PM

I bought a 2019 Yamaha in Alabama, had it shipped in. 6950 all in, by this I mean shipping, tax, everything. This was a very basic cart, no windshield, no extras. I added exactly what I wanted, some items came from local dealers, some on-line. Saved thousands.

I could get any color Yamaha sold, not just white. Other than the color selection there wasn't much to discuss with the dealership. There was nothing special about this dealership. I am posting the price so you can judge for yourself if local dealers are giving you a "great" price.

Edit to add: this was a new gas Yamaha, with the high speed gearing, just like any cart in TV.

Toymeister 06-21-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1659321)
I bought my Drive2 PTV in Gadsden AL and saved about $2,000 compared to TV and Ocala. Carts and Clubs are nice folks and seem honest but they still have a pretty hefty mark up. Buying in TV you will pay a very hefty mark up. Many folks choose to pay it for the convenience of preferred service.

I have been to that dealership, if you saw it in person you would not be impressed. Not that this matters. They clearly are not in the business of impressing retail customers.

DimondAngels 06-21-2019 09:34 PM

Did you find a big difference in price from Carts and Clubs and The Villages?

l2ridehd 06-22-2019 05:45 AM

Carts and Clubs is the best place to buy a new cart. Several extras that are worth the price. They are lower than The Villages, but you can also buy a cart cheaper and have it shipped here, then do the add on's yourself. However they do some very nice things to a cart. All wiring is upgraded to one size larger. This is very important if you ever add any extras like a fan or radio. All fuses are located right under driver seat in a single fuse block. If you have ever spent hours looking for fuse in all the other dealers cart you will understand the value this has. Extra insulation around the engine so it is even quieter than other quiet tech carts. All LED lighting and dome light. Extra snaps on the enclosure, extra entry space because of enclosure design, and better seals around the windows. Window split is lower for better visibility. Zipper on drivers side for gate card or button entry so you don't have to open the side up when it's cold or raining.

Many little things that add lots of value to a cart. And they have a couple service vans in the Villages every day and do the service in your driveway. If nothing else, go up and check them out and see for yourself.

DimondAngels 06-22-2019 07:25 AM

How much did you save over buying the cart from the villages?

DimondAngels 06-22-2019 07:28 AM

By changing the wiring on the golf cart does that void the electrical warranty??

dewilson58 06-22-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimondAngels (Post 1659379)
How much did you save over buying the cart from the villages?

a few dollars.

each place does things SLIGHTLY different, so a true apples-to-apples is not exact.

C&C does repairs and services in TV.

TheWarriors 06-22-2019 07:49 AM

I don’t think you would go wrong w either The Villages or Carts & Clubs. Options, like a car, are many and are dependent on the buyers desires. You will be spending a lot of time in your golf cart so take that into consideration. I’m sure you can save a few dollars elsewhere but you could have done the same by purchasing a home outside of The Villages.

John_W 06-22-2019 08:44 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Villages Discount Golf Car, they're on 466 about a 1/2 mile east on Morse in the tan shopping center next to Birdie Golf. My neighbor bought his last year from them and I ride in it all the time, no different than my Villages purchased Yamaha. I think he paid about $9,000 for a one year Yamaha gas cart fully loaded with upgraded seats. They come to your house for service just like Carts & Clubs. They usually have a quarter page ad in the paper, $8995 special.

http://www.villagediscountgolfcar.co...3_1200x775.jpg

Village Discount Golf Car