Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Villages GPS App (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-gps-app-418/)
-   -   GPS not giving directions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-gps-app-418/gps-not-giving-directions-294125/)

mikehaggerty 06-25-2019 08:38 PM

GPS not giving directions

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone,
New here. I downloaded the villages GPS and put in the address I want to go to but when I press start it says:
View by Golf Cart
View by Automobile

when I choose either I don't get actual directions. It goes back to the Start button.

is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong? The first few times I used it, it worked fine, it also works ok when I use neighborhoods but not specific addresses. My cousin also has the app and it does the same thing.

Villages GPS 06-25-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikehaggerty (Post 1660250)
Hey everyone,
New here. I downloaded the villages GPS and put in the address I want to go to but when I press start it says:
View by Golf Cart
View by Automobile

when I choose either I don't get actual directions. It goes back to the Start button.

is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong? The first few times I used it, it worked fine, it also works ok when I use neighborhoods but not specific addresses. My cousin also has the app and it does the same thing.

Hi and Thank you for contacting us.

Point to point is only meant to get directions from two different places that you’re Not currently at.

When you click start it gives you the option to see the time and distance it takes to get from those two places by golf cart or automobile.

This is Not Navigation Directions…

If you want regular Directions… Find the place you want to go to and once you find it, click directions by Automobile or Golf Cart.

Gerryk12 08-08-2019 10:00 AM

I used the app for 20 months and it worked well most of time. NOW, I have no sound. I feel we need more "tech" support to call us and work through fixes.

Nucky 08-08-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages GPS (Post 1660255)
Hi and Thank you for contacting us.

Point to point is only meant to get directions from two different places that you’re Not currently at.

When you click start it gives you the option to see the time and distance it takes to get from those two places by golf cart or automobile.

This is Not Navigation Directions…

If you want regular Directions… Find the place you want to go to and once you find it, click directions by Automobile or Golf Cart.

Am I correct in that you must open the App and go to Search on the bottom on the right and after you hit Search now put in your Known Address and the select Car or Cart then Standard or Hybrid????

Villages GPS 08-08-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerryk12 (Post 1671404)
I used the app for 20 months and it worked well most of time. NOW, I have no sound. I feel we need more "tech" support to call us and work through fixes.

Hi Gerry,
Thank you for contacting us again.

Just so you know, we have sent you 3 emails in the past few days and called your house and left a message.

For those of you reading this... Send us a email here VillagesGPS@gmail.com if you have any issues and we will get back to you within 24 hours.

It’s usually a lot faster than that. You have to be a little patient please 😏

Villages GPS 08-08-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1671453)
Am I correct in that you must open the App and go to Search on the bottom on the right and after you hit Search now put in your Known Address and the select Car or Cart then Standard or Hybrid????

Hi and thank you for contacting us.

Yes, correct.