Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lt. Dan Band Lake Sumter Oct 27th (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lt-dan-band-lake-sumter-oct-27th-294186/)

twoplanekid 06-27-2019 06:52 AM

Lt. Dan Band Lake Sumter Oct 27th

My understanding is that Gary Sinise is treating this event as if it was taking place at a military installation. NO or very little cost to us. He was so impressed by the VVA color guard and everyone he met here this past winter that he wanted to return with his band. He couldn’t believe how many veterans we have living in The Villages.

He is the man. I can’t wait to see him and his band this October at Lake Sumter.

Lt. Dan Band | Honor. Gratitude. Rock & Roll

Taltarzac725 06-27-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1660490)
My understanding is that Gary Sinise is treating this event as if it was taking place at a military installation. NO or very little cost to us. He was so impressed by the VVA color guard and everyone he met here this past winter that he wanted to return with his band. He couldn’t believe how many veterans we have living in The Villages.

He is the man. I can’t wait to see him and his band this October at Lake Sumter.

That is really cool. :bigbow:

Tom C 06-27-2019 08:43 AM

Thanks for posting - We will be there! :MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot:

JoMar 06-27-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1660490)

As you know, he is a participant at Oshkosh, both with and without the band. A true friend of the Veterans and a true patriot. In addition, he makes several trips a year to visit our soldiers in theater without publicity. His late uncle was a crew member on a B17 in WWII.

Will you be in Oshkosh this year?

DeanFL 06-27-2019 11:59 AM

LOVE Gary - a TRUE Patriot...

BTW if you have Netflix, he is in a new Netflix movie, very worthy of a view>

SGT. Will Gardner
2019TV-MA 2h 5mDramas

A homeless vet who has PTSD steals a motorcycle and hits the road, trying to sort out what life means now that war is in the rear-view mirror.

twoplanekid 06-27-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1660532)
As you know, he is a participant at Oshkosh, both with and without the band. A true friend of the Veterans and a true patriot. In addition, he makes several trips a year to visit our soldiers in theater without publicity. His late uncle was a crew member on a B17 in WWII.

Will you be in Oshkosh this year?

I will be at EAA Oshkosh for the first three days staying with Ohio friends in a air conditioned dorm room.

JoMar 06-28-2019 10:09 AM

If it's in Lake Sumter Landing it should be free since I can't imagine how they would control entry and tickets. Nothing on their web site except they will be in The Villages.

twoplanekid 06-28-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1660710)
If it's in Lake Sumter Landing it should be free since I can't imagine how they would control entry and tickets. Nothing on their web site except they will be in The Villages.

I believe it will be a free event. A Huey and Cobra gun ship may fly over the lake for all to see. It will be a huge event!

JoMar 06-28-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1660645)
I will be at EAA Oshkosh for the first three days staying with Ohio friends in a air conditioned dorm room.

No booth this year I guess so you can enjoy the show

Mleeja 06-28-2019 08:35 PM

If the “powers to be” were halfway smart, this event would be held at the Polo Fields. LSL is not big enough to hold all the people that would show up for a free concert.

Taltarzac725 06-28-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1660861)
If the “powers to be” were halfway smart, this event would be held at the Polo Fields. LSL is not big enough to hold all the people that would show up for a free concert.

That is true. They will probably issue tickets of some kind even though it is free. That has been done before. I had four tickets to a certain event in 2008 but only got them for souvenirs. Political thing with a certain Alaskan, her husband and kids.

twoplanekid 06-29-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

As the Villages population increases, it does seem to be getting harder to find a location that can adequately handle a huge crowd. The polo field has issues with parking and car traffic that can be addressed by off-site parking. However, that costs more and creates other issues.

JoMar 06-29-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Isn't Oct 27th Polo season? The venue hasn't been announced so will just to wait and see.

EdFNJ 06-29-2019 06:24 PM

n/m