Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf Cart Bridge over Turnpike Found!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-bridge-over-turnpike-found-294383/)

Goldwingnut 07-01-2019 08:37 AM

Golf Cart Bridge over Turnpike Found!!!

Every week a take a drive around the areas of The Villages in search of things to include in my videos. Yesterday was no different.

While driving down the Turnpike from US301 to CR470 I spotted the work that has begun on the new bridge to cross the Turnpike that will provide the anxiously awaited connectivity between the two areas of The Villages.

Still no clue on when the SR44 bridge at Brownwood is going to be set in place. Pilings for the second bridge over SR44 have also started.

Below is a short video of the new bridge work over the Turnpike

The golf cart bridge over the Turnpike has started - YouTube

champion6 07-01-2019 08:49 AM

Great find! Very exciting to see the start of this!

davefin 07-01-2019 08:52 AM

I had thought the The Villages was going refurbish a bridge once used as a cattle crossing over the Turnpike! Is that out of the planning?

skip0358 07-01-2019 10:12 AM

Great shots, as for the Cattle Bridge I heard the same thing unless they've decided to make everything uniform. Time will tell !

Goldwingnut 07-01-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefin (Post 1661361)
I had thought the The Villages was going refurbish a bridge once used as a cattle crossing over the Turnpike! Is that out of the planning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1661382)
Great shots, as for the Cattle Bridge I heard the same thing unless they've decided to make everything uniform. Time will tell !

The cattle bridge (Bailey Bridge) is south of the Okahumpka Service Plaza and CR468. This bridge is farther north between CR468 and US301, basically due south of Brownwood.

yes there is a lot of work going on on the Bailey Bridge bridge also.

e-flyer 07-01-2019 10:20 AM

I thought I read that the Cattle Bridge was going to be used as a 2nd Bridge across the Turnpike to the East.

VillageIdiots 07-01-2019 01:47 PM

Nice job GWN. I'm going to pose a question with "I heard" in it, but I'm looking for an answer that does not contain "I heard". Rather, one that is backed up by fact. So, I heard the turnpike bridge connectivity is now being "promised" by Spring of 2020. When I moved here over a year ago, it was "promised" by January of 2020. It's encouraging to see that work has begun. But does anyone know, as a matter of fact, that the timeline has officially been slid to Spring?

Goldwingnut 07-01-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillageIdiots (Post 1661442)
Nice job GWN. I'm going to pose a question with "I heard" in it, but I'm looking for an answer that does not contain "I heard". Rather, one that is backed up by fact. So, I heard the turnpike bridge connectivity is now being "promised" by Spring of 2020. When I moved here over a year ago, it was "promised" by January of 2020. It's encouraging to see that work has begun. But does anyone know, as a matter of fact, that the timeline has officially been slid to Spring?

I've heard and read nothing that has changed the projected date for connectivity. If one hears it from a "reputable" realtor, they're not, they're using scare tactics again.

When thing change you most likely see it either in The Daily Sun or in the insert in The Villages Magazine. If it's on that other web site, take it for what it's worth, not much.

If I hear something "official" thorough my sources, I'll spread the new. Until then, Carpe Diem.

Packer Fan 07-01-2019 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So from what I can tell, the bridge is going right where it shows on their Map... Also including Twoplanekids picture of the area from a few weeks ago - you can see the golf course and the pond that matches up. Look where the sign is and you can see where it will cross. Very cool stuff. Can't wait to see it all in action. Really looks like the area north of the Turnpike will have a LOT of preserve sites also.

Taltarzac725 07-01-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 1661471)
So from what I can tell, the bridge is going right where it shows on their Map... Also including Twoplanekids picture of the area from a few weeks ago - you can see the golf course and the pond that matches up. Look where the sign is and you can see where it will cross. Very cool stuff. Can't wait to see it all in action. Really looks like the area north of the Turnpike will have a LOT of preserve sites also.

The Villages has reached the "Everglades".:icon_wink::popcorn:

dewilson58 07-01-2019 05:15 PM

Crap............I thought we were going to be able to "Dukes of Hazzard" over the turnypike.

Bumming.

davefin 07-01-2019 05:52 PM

Thanks for the map picture. Still, I only see one bridge over the turnpike, not two. Am I missing something?

Goldwingnut 07-01-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefin (Post 1661491)
Thanks for the map picture. Still, I only see one bridge over the turnpike, not two. Am I missing something?

Yes, this one is between US301 and CR468, the second is the Bailey Bridge (a cattle bridge) just south of the Okahumpka service plaza. That is the two announced crossings.

Bay Kid 07-02-2019 06:41 AM

Always look forward to your videos. Thank you

Schaumburger 07-02-2019 06:53 AM

Hi Don,

Thanks for all your great informative videos...I subscribe to your YouTube channel.

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but will the Turnpike be able to stay open during the entire time the bridge is being constructed?