Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Daily Sun To Build Print Plant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/daily-sun-build-print-plant-294552/)

champion6 07-03-2019 02:34 PM

Daily Sun To Build Print Plant

2 Attachment(s)
The Villages Daily Sun has submitted plans to build a new print plant. It will be located in the recently announced Governor Rick Scott Industrial park, southwest of Colman. The plans indicate that it will be a 100,000 sq. ft. building.

Unsure if this will replace or supplement the existing facility on Rolling Acres Rd.

You may now begin to complain about the product it will produce. I know you will.

manaboutown 07-03-2019 03:01 PM

Gotta keep up with rapidly increasing circulations demands from an ever growing population!

kcrazorbackfan 07-03-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1661942)
The Villages Daily Sun has submitted plans to build a new print plant. It will be located in the recently announced Governor Rick Scott Industrial park, southwest of Colman. The plans indicate that it will be a 100,000 sq. ft. building.

Unsure if this will replace or supplement the existing facility on Rolling Acres Rd.

You may now begin to complain about the product it will produce. I know you will.

Oh, for sure; you know the complaints from the "negative Nancy's" will come......

skip0358 07-04-2019 06:00 AM

Nobody should complain about the paper as you don't have to subscribe to it period. Don't like it don't buy it period end of story!

CWGUY 07-04-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1662037)
Nobody should complain about the paper as you don't have to subscribe to it period. Don't like it don't buy it period end of story!

:coolsmiley:

Marathon Man 07-04-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1662037)

Correct. However, that does not seem to work.

tophcfa 07-04-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1661942)

Complain, heck no! To the contrary, I applaud the new print plant. It's great to see a commitment to providing a real, printed, newspaper instead of following the trend to go digital.

Aloha1 07-04-2019 01:10 PM

It's also great to read a paper that provides a broad range of coverage and keeps it's bias to a minimum unlike other so called mainstream press organs.

Bavarian 07-04-2019 01:25 PM

If this means a move away from old fashioned lead based type and modern offset (Laser) Then it will produce a better paper at a lower cost. This trend was going on while I still was employed for computer printouts. Should save money and I hope make a legible paper.

Midnight Cowgirl 07-06-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian (Post 1662177)
If this means a move away from old fashioned lead based type and modern offset (Laser) Then it will produce a better paper at a lower cost. This trend was going on while I still was employed for computer printouts. Should save money and I hope make a legible paper.

The new equipment may be less expensive to operate and save money, but don't expect to see a lower cost to subscribers.

THAT will never happen!

CWGUY 07-06-2019 03:58 PM

:icon_wink: Which reminds me.... does anyone know of a 7 day a week newspaper for less than the "Daily Sun"?

JoMar 07-06-2019 04:09 PM

The newspaper back north that served a population fo 418K filed for bankruptcy a couple months ago. They were within a week of having shut down when a conglomerate bought them at fire sale prices. Closing was last week and the layoffs started. Lack of advertising revenue was the stated cause and the subscriptions weren't enough to subsidize the loss. Annual subscription for a 7 day delivery was $210.00. I maintain a digital version down here and that costs 76.00 and it isn't great. The cost of the DS is insignificant for those of us that subscribe.

Shimpy 07-06-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian (Post 1662177)

Hope it can fix the problem of black ink coming off and getting all over everything it touches.

anothersteve 07-06-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1662562)
:icon_wink: Which reminds me.... does anyone know of a 7 day a week newspaper for less than the "Daily Sun"?

Nope. What is it an issue if you subscribe yearly? 20 cents an issue?
I couldn't buy one issue of the daily rag from where I come from for what it costs a week for TDS.

Steve

tophcfa 07-06-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1662565)
Nope. What is it an issue if you subscribe yearly? 20 cents an issue?
I couldn't buy one issue of the daily rag from where I come from for what it costs a week for TDS.

Steve

Exactly, and that cheap annual subscription lasts us for three years because we can turn the paper on and off when we are not at our Villages home. It's gotta be one of the best deals going.