Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   HAPPY Independence Day in The Villages! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/happy-independence-day-villages-294577/)

DeanFL 07-04-2019 06:40 AM

HAPPY Independence Day in The Villages!

Unfortunately, in some ways one wouldn't quite know it. In so many areas around TV, including my 'hood many folks didn't put out flags. Easy to see that patriotism is waning across the country... and sadly even in our Villages. Can't some folks show their pride and thankfulness for our GREAT country despite their personal issues with you-know-who?

If you do respond to this - DO NOT make it political. But, why else would folks NOT put out their flags etc.

sad :shrug:

Chi-Town 07-04-2019 06:51 AM

In my hood half the people aren't here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CWGUY 07-04-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1662042)
Unfortunately, in some ways one wouldn't quite know it. In so many areas around TV, including my 'hood many folks didn't put out flags. Easy to see that patriotism is waning across the country... and sadly even in our Villages. Can't some folks show their pride and thankfulness for our GREAT country despite their personal issues with you-know-who?

If you do respond to this - DO NOT make it political. But, why else would folks NOT put out their flags etc.

barf

sunny70 07-04-2019 06:58 AM

In my Hood, on the North End of The Villages, Flags are flying everywhere. When you drive down the streets, as far as you can see there are Flags flying along the Curbs. Patriotism is alive and well on the North End!

CWGUY 07-04-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny70 (Post 1662047)
In my Hood, on the North End of The Villages, Flags are flying everywhere. When you drive down the streets, as far as you can see there are Flags flying along the Curbs. Patriotism is alive and well on the North End!

:) I agree! Happy 4th.

dewilson58 07-04-2019 07:02 AM

Putting a flag (or 20 flags) in your front yard, WITHOUT PROPER LIGHTING, does not indicate patriotism or the lack there of.

Madelaine Amee 07-04-2019 07:03 AM

"Patriotism" is NOT waning. My little village has very few flags and usually you cannot see the curb for the flags up and down each street. But, I do think this is a way in which people can show their dismay. This too shall pass .............

Taltarzac725 07-04-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1662045)
In my hood half the people aren't here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snow birds and people enjoying their grand kids some where other than the Villages.

I have our 13 little flags out as do many of the neighbors. Big and small US flags. Some with lighting, most without.

Nucky 07-04-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1662042)

If You Know Who Is Who I Think It Is Then The Flag Is an Important Issue and I thank you for bringing it up, but I Know Who Already Made This Political By Typing You Know Who!

Several years ago people who spent plenty and lined their property with our Flag's were reprimanded for putting the Flags to close to the ground. Maybe this has something to do with it. Our neighborhood flies The Flag on modest Flagpoles year round. I just upgraded to the one that I can at least fly at half mast when needed. There is even a better flagpole that has the rope for raising and lowering the flag inside.

Happy Fourth Of July DeanFl! :ho:

CWGUY 07-04-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1662060)
If You Know Who Is Who I Think It Is Then The Flag Is an Important Issue and I thank you for bringing it up, but I Know Who Already Made This Political By Typing You Know Who!

Several years ago people who spent plenty and lined their property with our Flag's were reprimanded for putting the Flags to close to the ground. Maybe this has something to do with it. Our neighborhood flies The Flag on modest Flagpoles year round. I just upgraded to the one that I can at least fly at half mast when needed. There is even a better flagpole that has the rope for raising and lowering the flag inside.

Happy Fourth Of July DeanFl! :ho:

:BigApplause:

Polar Bear 07-04-2019 07:53 AM

Plenty of flags in our neighborhood, including ours. Patriotism is alive and well. :)

Velvet 07-04-2019 07:54 AM

Happy Fourth of July, everybody!

Bucco 07-04-2019 08:01 AM

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

This is what has seperated our country from others.

ColdNoMore 07-04-2019 09:22 AM

Displaying, or not displaying, the red, white & blue...has no correlation to being 'patriotic.'

That can only come from living by, and supporting, those ideals (equality/altruism/ethics/integrity/honesty/Etc.) that made this nation great...in the first place.

A Happy Independence Day to all...true Americans. :thumbup:

DonH57 07-04-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1662051)
Putting a flag (or 20 flags) in your front yard, WITHOUT PROPER LIGHTING, does not indicate patriotism or the lack there of.

I agree. If it's one thing I do miss is our 20 foot flagpole that bent and broke because this dumbass forgot to pull the flag before a quick summer storm and snap, it went down.:ohdear: