Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Cart World (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/cart-world-294667/)

elshackovillages 07-06-2019 08:07 AM

Cart World

CART WORLD = BAD
Bought a new 2019 Club Car from Cart World. About 9 weeks go by, started rattling like a 10 year old cart. First day, waited 4 hours, repairman said he fixed it, but, 1 day later, sound returned. Second day, waited 2 hours, 2 repairman came, said it could not be fixed there, needed to be taken back to shop. Third day, waited 4 hours, flatbed took into shop. Fourth day, service manager says he drove it everywhere, but no sound. This after his 2 repairmen heard and felt same rattling as I did. Manager then blamed a loose plate as the noise, That was a lie. Waited another few hours, cart returned with noise still there. Fifth day, called owner / boss who, instead of apologizing, said noises happen and nothing can be done. Also said he was doing me a favor by not charging me, even though cart is under warranty. I guess warranty only covers what they want it to cover. I wasted 5 days and about 12 hours, to not get a problem fixed.
So basically, I have a 9 week old cart that has a loose piece of metal floating around, which may get worse and cause an accident, and, all they do is tell me, too bad. I guess they're busy with their 1.5 million expansion, money they probably saved by not honoring warranties or doing proper service or repairs.

bagboy 07-06-2019 09:25 AM

Club Car | The World's Best Vehicles for Personal, Commercial, Golf use

I would not hesitate to go past the dealer and contact corporate.

dewilson58 07-06-2019 09:35 AM

Too bad the Lemon Law does not apply.

villagetinker 07-06-2019 10:26 AM

Contact Club Car, and see if they are willing to intercede with the dealer on your behalf, give them the whole story and the fact this is under warranty. If you do not get anywhere, then escalate with a contact to Seniors against Crime, they may be able to help, followed by complaints to BBB for BOTH Cart World and the manufacturer.
Hope you get your cart fixed, please keep us up to date.

CWGUY 07-06-2019 12:08 PM

I find some won't buy from The Villages because they are looking for a good buy.... and get a "Good Bye" :ohdear:

:) Hope it gets fixed and soon.

brianherlihy 07-06-2019 01:01 PM

i have a cart from the villages a 2019/ had in the shop after i put 100 miles for 4 weeks and not still right never buy from them/ i will buy a ezgo the best gas

nanker 07-07-2019 04:57 AM

the village golf cart is no better/ bouth a new 2019 and it was in the shop for 5 weeks and not happy / next will be a ezgo:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

elshackovillages 07-28-2019 01:51 PM

I did contact Cart World a/k/a Ingersold Rand. They said they would call back. They never did. BBB is a useless organization. I learned that when I worked in NYC. Anyone can "repair" their standing at BBB, with a fee. Companies pay to be in the BBB, complainers don't. I will try Seniors against Crime next.

TechGC 07-28-2019 03:04 PM

Any time I hear that a cart is in the shop more than the owner has driven it, you have to go to a different dealer or shop. Golf cars are really not that difficult, but experience and knowledge is key. Most shops use a 8 dollar an hour guy and anyone they can find to work to fill the spot. They don't really care if they have ever worked on a golf car in their life. Its a major issue in this industry. It takes someone who cares. I know I've worked on golf cars that the owner has just said "screw it" to the warranty and just paid to have it repaired or diagnosed correctly.