Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rclco-mid-year-sales-report-over-55-communities-294918/)

rtime 07-10-2019 08:19 AM

Rclco mid year sales report for over 55 communities

The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year. Since the Villages does not take part in the survey the number is an educated guess. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming.

Goldwingnut 07-10-2019 08:30 AM

Do you have a link to the report?

rtime 07-10-2019 09:10 AM

https://www.builderonline.com/land/l...-selling-mps_o

Goldwingnut 07-10-2019 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtime (Post 1663268)
The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year.

If one reads the information in this report's data table one will see that the number for The Villages is little more than a guess. Therefore the validity of the 10% statement by both the original website and the OP mean absolutely nothing.

justjim 07-10-2019 01:16 PM

I expect sales of new homes to be better when the golf cart bridges are completed over 44, The Turnpike and commercial stores are established in the new homes area.

manaboutown 07-10-2019 01:32 PM

And when they get some restaurants down there. They are trying to make do with the roach coaches. Better than nothing I guess.

Goldwingnut 07-10-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1663344)
And when they get some restaurants down there. They are trying to make do with the roach coaches. Better than nothing I guess.

The food trucks they are bringing in are far from the roach coaches of days gone by. It is a very competitive business. The food I've eaten from these trucks in the last 10-15 years working in construction was consistently better than any fast food joints and usually better than most local restaurant and national chains.

What they are trying at the pitch & put is a different model. Drinks and a place to sit with a mobile restaurant that can be changed out easily as tastes change, and the ability to increase the capacity when events call for it with no additional costs incurred. If the weather is bad or business is slow they (The Villages) don't have to incur a loss on a restaurant staffing and food costs.

I don't believe this is a short term fix, it's more likely a long term addition, and if it doesn't work out they have little at risk.

pauld315 07-11-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtime (Post 1663268)
The mid year report for master planned communities are out for the first half of 2019. The villages is still the leader of sales. They had 1000 home sales for this period. But that is 10% lower than last year. Since the Villages does not take part in the survey the number is an educated guess. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming.

Sounds about right but the only time you will get the official number is once a year when they release the yearly CDD audit reports. That will show how many in total over the years have been sold but you can easily compare that to the previous year and see how many were sold the year you are interested in.

Packer Fan 07-11-2019 07:59 PM

I have been watching the southern area just about Daily, and I can gaurantee you they have sold a lot more than 1000 homes in the first 6 months. It is kind of amazing to watch the View lots disappear when they go up for sale, especially in the 55-100K range. Any spec homes with a view go quickly also. Courtyard villas are another good seller. Sales this year have definetly been higher than last. Shocking how much is selling this summer too. I think them actually starting to build the bridges helps, but the price of the homes and the beauty of the area sell things.

On a similar note - there are only 2 new homes left in Fenney......

I will say this, I really have NO idea how they price new homes. Seems like someone is throwing darts at a board. When one with a really good price goes up, it disappears in a day. The other day an Iris on the golf course came up on the site for like $365K. I was like, man is that low. Next day it was sold. Other times you look at a house and it is like crazy high, and it sits forever....

One last thing -what is with the UGLY Olive Drab cabinets they are putting in lately? Do they think we are in the army? I notice those houses don't sell fast. I do really like the new fronts and the fact they put in flooring instead of carpet in a lot of homes.

Ed

graciegirl 07-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 1663638)
I have been watching the southern area just about Daily, and I can gaurantee you they have sold a lot more than 1000 homes in the first 6 months. It is kind of amazing to watch the View lots disappear when they go up for sale, especially in the 55-100K range. Any spec homes with a view go quickly also. Courtyard villas are another good seller. Sales this year have definetly been higher than last. Shocking how much is selling this summer too. I think them actually starting to build the bridges helps, but the price of the homes and the beauty of the area sell things.

On a similar note - there are only 2 new homes left in Fenney......

I will say this, I really have NO idea how they price new homes. Seems like someone is throwing darts at a board. When one with a really good price goes up, it disappears in a day. The other day an Iris on the golf course came up on the site for like $365K. I was like, man is that low. Next day it was sold. Other times you look at a house and it is like crazy high, and it sits forever....

One last thing -what is with the UGLY Olive Drab cabinets they are putting in lately? Do they think we are in the army? I notice those houses don't sell fast. I do really like the new fronts and the fact they put in flooring instead of carpet in a lot of homes.

Ed

Taupe is a new color being used in the Kitchen...see here?

Top Taupe Paints for Your Kitchen Cabinets

Packer Fan 07-11-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1663642)
Taupe is a new color being used in the Kitchen...see here?

Top Taupe Paints for Your Kitchen Cabinets

Still ugly, and the houses with that color sit for a long time.
I like some of the off white they are using now, and some of the other stuff is beautiful.

thelegges 07-12-2019 03:12 AM

Grey may be the new color, but the 3 homes we looked at its a NO for us. Grey floors, grey cabinets, and the grayish appliances just is not the look for us in our 60s.

Our boys came down this summer, both looking at new builds, and liked the grey theme, but did think the grey cabinets gave off a less expensive look.

Our oldest will be buying there, for the walking and biking trails, zero entry pool, and the less bustle of as he calls the Villages Proper. One is 36 and oldest just turned 50, retail, and restaurants, are not important to the new gens moving here who shop online and have groceries delivered. While both play golf they prefer a quick executive rather than 4 hours on a championship.
Running, biking, hiking are the active lifestyle they both prefer

LI SNOWBIRD 07-12-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1663321)
If one reads the information in this report's data table one will see that the number for The Villages is little more than a guess. Therefore the validity of the 10% statement by both the original website and the OP mean absolutely nothing.

Thanks for the us of the 3rd person pronoun "one"--I was an English major.
:ho:

Midnight Cowgirl 07-12-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1663665)
Grey may be the new color, but the 3 homes we looked at its a NO for us. Grey floors, grey cabinets, and the grayish appliances just is not the look for us in our 60s.

Our boys came down this summer, both looking at new builds, and liked the grey theme, but did think the grey cabinets gave off a less expensive look.

Our oldest will be buying there, for the walking and biking trails, zero entry pool, and the less bustle of as he calls the Villages Proper. One is 36 and oldest just turned 50, retail, and restaurants, are not important to the new gens moving here who shop online and have groceries delivered. While both play golf they prefer a quick executive rather than 4 hours on a championship.
Running, biking, hiking are the active lifestyle they both prefer

Grey is not the new color.
It has been around for a number of years and is already on its way out.

The look in Fenny, etc., is a wonderful contrast to that of the rest of TV. Had I been younger, that is where I would have bought. I love seeing something different develop and that area will boom!

manaboutown 07-12-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1663752)
Grey is not the new color.
It has been around for a number of years and is already on its way out.

Yep. Grey is now an old color - pun intended.