Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Alligator on the Loose in Chicago. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/alligator-loose-chicago-295027/)

Chi-Town 07-11-2019 04:48 PM

Alligator on the Loose in Chicago.

Today is his third day lagoon cruisin'. An alligator "hunter" has been hired to no avail.

People have proposed draining the entire lagoon, electroshocking it and covering the 8 acres of water with netting, Alligator Bob said.

β€œWe’re open to suggestions,”

Alligator in Humboldt Park Lagoon evading capture for third day as park crews put up fences - Chicago Tribune

The alligator now has a name and a song written about it. Make room Larry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

manaboutown 07-11-2019 04:58 PM

Why not just wait for winter? That would be the cheapest way.

Schaumburger 07-13-2019 09:58 PM

Al E. Gator has been big news in Chicago the past few days. Several traps have been set in the Humboldt Park Lagoon with no success yet. The theory is Mr./Ms. Gator was someone's pet, and when he/she reached the size of 4 feet, wasn't so "cute" any more and was dumped into the lagoon. :(

Taltarzac725 07-14-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1664060)
Al E. Gator has been big news in Chicago the past few days. Several traps have been set in the Humboldt Park Lagoon with no success yet. The theory is Mr./Ms. Gator was someone's pet, and when he/she reached the size of 4 feet, wasn't so "cute" any more and was dumped into the lagoon. :(

Hope they can save Al E. Gator.

Schaumburger 07-14-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1664101)
Hope they can save Al E. Gator.

I think that is the goal to capture the alligator alive and turn it over to an alligator sanctuary. Some news outlets here in Chicago are calling him or her Chance the Snapper, after Chance the Rapper

Chi-Town 07-16-2019 09:39 AM

Well, it took an expert from Florida to capture the alligator which is going to live out its life in a zoo there.

Alligator living in Humboldt Park Lagoon captured | WGN-TV

Taltarzac725 07-16-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1664610)
Well, it took an expert from Florida to capture the alligator which is going to live out its life in a zoo there.

Alligator living in Humboldt Park Lagoon captured | WGN-TV

Nice to hear that good news. :MOJE_whot:

Schaumburger 07-16-2019 06:08 PM

Chance is now house hunting

The expert from Florida who captured Chance The Snapper early this morning will throw out the first pitch at the Cubs game tonight. Chance appeared at a press conference this morning.

The word on the street is that Chance is in the market for a 2 bedroom courtyard villa near several executive golf courses and easy access to restaurants. Golf cart would be nice, but not a deal breaker. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Chi-Town 07-17-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1664748)
The expert from Florida who captured Chance The Snapper early this morning will throw out the first pitch at the Cubs game tonight. Chance appeared at a press conference this morning.

The word on the street is that Chance is in the market for a 2 bedroom courtyard villa near several executive golf courses and easy access to restaurants. Golf cart would be nice, but not a deal breaker. [emoji1][emoji1]

I thought you were kidding about last night's game. BTW, Cubs won 4-3. Also nice to know that a sanctuary is in Chance's future rather than a zoo.

A fun video is in this link:

Humboldt Park alligator Chance the Snapper caught after a week, trapper throws out first pitch at Cubs game | abc7chicago.com

village dreamer 07-17-2019 08:22 AM

he s on vacation from the villages.:1rotfl::popcorn::popcorn:

Schaumburger 07-18-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1664814)
I thought you were kidding about last night's game. BTW, Cubs won 4-3. Also nice to know that a sanctuary is in Chance's future rather than a zoo.

A fun video is in this link:

Humboldt Park alligator Chance the Snapper caught after a week, trapper throws out first pitch at Cubs game | abc7chicago.com

Chance the Snapper is heading for an alligator sanctuary in St. Augustine. The trapper got to turn on Buckingham Fountain yesterday, and he was treated to Lou Malnati's pizza. He said he is heading back to Florida today. Nice to have a happy ending.