Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Brownwood bridge (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/brownwood-bridge-295223/)

joe & kathy 07-15-2019 07:12 AM

Brownwood bridge

Is the bridge over 44 in place and usable to the square?

dewilson58 07-15-2019 07:46 AM

nope

kansasr 07-15-2019 10:34 AM

And even once in place, you won't be able to go anywhere because there are no roads on the other side yet.

davefin 07-15-2019 12:51 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like they have built several thousand new homes in the time it takes to get a bridge ready for use.

FenneyFanatic 07-15-2019 01:43 PM

Seems to me that most of the folks "down south" are content to wait for connectivity. There's plenty to do down here. The folks who are upset about the pace of connectivity are mostly from the north. Why the rush? Aren't these the same folks who routinely disparage our southern communities?

ColdNoMore 07-15-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefin (Post 1664408)
Is it just me, or does it seem like they have built several thousand new homes in the time it takes to get a bridge ready for use.

It's not just you.

Pretty pathetic and shortsighted really...when one actually thinks about it.
:ohdear:

biker1 07-15-2019 02:46 PM

Who knows what exactly was involved, and how long it took, in getting the pieces together to provide golf cart access to the areas south of 44. Should they have waited 3+ years on the golf cart access to begin construction of new homes and amenities? I doubt you were privy to what was involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1664440)

It's not just you.

Pretty pathetic and shortsighted really...when one actually thinks about it.
:ohdear:

ColdNoMore 07-15-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1664442)
Who knows what exactly was involved, and how long it took, in getting the pieces together to provide golf cart access to the areas south of 44. Should they have waited 3+ years on the golf cart access to begin construction? I doubt you were privy to what was involved.

Conversely, I doubt that you were privy to the planning/permitting process either (which given the family's track record of long-horizon development, 'Villages South' has undoubtedly been on the drawing board for quite a while) and don't have any idea if it would take 3+ years...to accomplish golf cart access.

History has shown that Da Family is far from inept at generating revenue and since golf cart paths don't directly result in Benjamin's...it obviously wasn't at the top of their list.

Selling houses, and whatever effort it takes to accomplish that...is/was their primary concern. :ho:

dewilson58 07-15-2019 03:10 PM

Nothing pathetic or shortsighted.................the project is right on schedule. Everything going as planned.

The people (I've met) in Fenney seem very happy with what they have. Some day with will be connected North by golf cart and then they can decide if they travel North.

I'm in no rush to travel South. Some day I will.

biker1 07-15-2019 03:32 PM

I have no knowledge of how they operate and neither do you but I am not the one criticizing the Developer (with words like shortsighted and pathetic) for something you don't have a clue about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1664447)
Conversely, I doubt that you were privy to the planning/permitting process either (which given the family's track record of long-horizon development, 'Villages South' has undoubtedly been on the drawing board for quite a while) and don't have any idea if it would take 3+ years...to accomplish golf cart access.

History has shown that Da Family is far from inept at generating revenue and since golf cart paths don't directly result in Benjamin's...it obviously wasn't at the top of their list

Selling houses, and whatever effort it takes to accomplish that...is/was their primary concern. :ho:

tophcfa 07-15-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic (Post 1664428)
Seems to me that most of the folks "down south" are content to wait for connectivity. There's plenty to do down here. The folks who are upset about the pace of connectivity are mostly from the north. Why the rush? Aren't these the same folks who routinely disparage our southern communities?

As a "Northern" resident, I am in no hurry for the connectivity between the two areas. If the Villages "South" actually had a Championship Golf course, then I would feel more of a sense of urgency.

Bogie Shooter 07-15-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe & kathy (Post 1664279)
Is the bridge over 44 in place and usable to the square?

Watch here:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...t=construction

kcrazorbackfan 07-16-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic (Post 1664428)

Boom 💥. So true. Must be relatives to the people who speak badly of the course conditions all the time.

M Mamros 07-29-2019 06:58 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing them lift that bridge and place in on the pillars !! I think that will be something to see. I hope I'll be able to be in a place to view it. Don't really have an opinion on north vs. south as so many of the others posting seem to. I'm just enjoying all that's available around me.

KSSunshine 07-29-2019 07:16 PM

There was a lot of activity around the bridge crossing 44 near Brownwood today (and we travel 44 daily). Made us wonder if something was getting close to moving.