Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Chop House (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/chop-house-295279/)

BobnBev 07-15-2019 06:51 PM

Chop House

We'll be there on opening day for our anniversary. I hope the steaks are really good.

JSR22 07-15-2019 06:58 PM

The menu looks terrific. Need 8 for a res.

JoMar 07-15-2019 09:02 PM

Ate at the Chop House in Dayton Ohio last night. Shrimp in the shrimp coctail were rubbery but the cocktail sauce was wonderful. The steak was seasoned well and tasted great but was difficult to cut, suspect a knife that was not up to the task. The salad and potato were good but nothing special. Server was great, facility was great. Should be a great addition to TV. There was a JAlexanders down the street and it was tempting but wanted to try a Chop House

Taltarzac725 07-15-2019 09:21 PM

The employees bosses were having a big pow wow in the lanai area when I golf carted by around about 11:45 this morning.

They are all in uniforms. Or at least the employees looked to be.

pauld315 07-15-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1664525)
Ate at the Chop House in Dayton Ohio last night. Shrimp in the shrimp coctail were rubbery but the cocktail sauce was wonderful. The steak was seasoned well and tasted great but was difficult to cut, suspect a knife that was not up to the task. The salad and potato were good but nothing special. Server was great, facility was great. Should be a great addition to TV. There was a JAlexanders down the street and it was tempting but wanted to try a Chop House

I don't think this is part of that chain, this is independent and owned by FMK who runs 4 of the country clubs around here as well as Bluefin in Brownwood

CWGUY 07-15-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1664534)
I don't think this is part of that chain, this is independent and owned by FMK who runs 4 of the country clubs around here as well as Bluefin in Brownwood

:) I think you are correct. :shrug:

JoMar 07-15-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1664534)

Not sure how they can use the logo and the name if not a franchise. Will know when we see the menu since they are all the same from what I saw online. The franchisee in Dayton owned 3 other restuaraunts in the area and the Chop House was but one. I am familiar with the and the ownership and they are smart business folks so taking a National Franchise if available and affordable would make sense, for anyone.

JSR22 07-16-2019 05:51 AM

It is not part of the franchise. The name is Chop House at Lake Sumter. It is a different menu. It is on their FB page.

Bogie Shooter 07-16-2019 06:56 AM

How can a comparison be made between two restaurants, one in Ohio & one in Florida??

B-flat 07-16-2019 07:30 AM

My understating that there is a Chop House going into Ocala. That one may be part of the chain and seems to me Chop House could be a pretty generic name. Meanwhile, we used to visit the Davenport area and while staying there we went to a small chain called Manny’s Original Chop house in Haines City, we always had a great meal there.

karostay 07-16-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1664525)

Just sign of reviews to come.Their not even open

Chi-Town 07-16-2019 08:11 AM

Chop House is a generic term for a certain type of restaurant. So having Chop House as part of the name does not group all into a chain. Google will show you that name is everywhere and unrelated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

John_W 07-16-2019 09:02 AM

FMK Restaurants

Chop House at Lake Sumter

Chi-Town 07-16-2019 10:59 AM

A good start is a chop house menu selection. So far so good.

"FMK Restaurant group is excited to announce, Chop House at Lake Sumter, its newest concept located in The Villages, Florida with a planned opening of early Summer 2019. Chop House at Lake Sumter will provide an elegant menu with a focus on serving aged steaks, pork chops, chicken, as well as seafood"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chatbrat 07-17-2019 01:03 PM

Just a thought, the best steak house in the US, Peter Luger charges $84.00/ for a steak for two--they have a six month wait list

Now some of the clubs here charge $38.00+ for a steak--here's the ?--how many people do you think would pay that kind of $$$ for a good steak in TV

Without support, the hope for a good steak house here will be nothing but a pipe dream

Hope it works