Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   SUV and Golf Cart in a courtyard villa (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/suv-golf-cart-courtyard-villa-295368/)

Brendanyc 07-17-2019 04:16 PM

SUV and Golf Cart in a courtyard villa

I am selling my 4 bd home in Hillsborough and downsizing. I have an SUV. How do I fit that in a courtyard villa garage with a golf cart. I am kinda space challenged! LOLOL Does it fit?

John_W 07-17-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendanyc (Post 1664926)
I am selling my 4 bd home in Hillsborough and downsizing. I have an SUV. How do I fit that in a courtyard villa garage with a golf cart. I am kinda space challenged! LOLOL Does it fit?

Our 1-1/2 car garage will accept a 70" wide car and a golf cart without problems. Look online at the specs for your car. If it's over 70" you may still be able to make it work. I've had 3 cars that were 70" including my current Hyundai Kona. My previous was a 2017 Camaro, which was 75". When I backed my golf cart in instead of head in, I was able to gain enough room to fit the Camaro, but it left no margin for error. That's one of the reasons I got rid of the Camaro. My Kona is a small SUV, you may considering downsizing your car.

eweissenbach 07-17-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

It might depend on the CYV. Some have larger garages than others. Also, they are building some CYVs in the southern villages with two car garages. I have an Anaheim CYV and I park a full size car and a four seater cart, but I doubt a full size SUV and a cart would fit.

Brendanyc 07-17-2019 05:02 PM

Thank you for in the info. I will measure.

Garywt 07-17-2019 06:26 PM

A SUV can be a dozen different sizes. What make and model do you have. My wife has a Honda CRV and we might try to fit 2 carts or just leave the car outside.

pklein9747 07-17-2019 09:24 PM

We have a Bonita CYV and easily fit a Honda CRV and a golf cart in our garage along with storage along all three sides. We previously had a Mustang and could still fit all.

OCsun 07-18-2019 07:19 AM

We are able to fit our car and golf cart in the garage. At times you will need to remove the cart to get the car out or visa vera, depending on how close you park them. Many days, we just leave the car in the driveway. We also have several storage shelves in the back and two bikes. We gave up a large garage when we downsized, but the courtyard village has become a great choice for us. It is very easy to care for and provides all the space we need to be happy in our retirement. Giving up "STUFF", is the biggest problem when downsizing.

red tail 07-18-2019 07:51 AM

there are many courtyard villas with 2 car garages

Topspinmo 07-19-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Need to look up the spec’s of you’re SUV, they come in several sizes. If it’s over 200” in length don’t plan on much placed against the wall in front of the car spot.

Summerhouse 07-23-2019 10:11 PM

We can fit a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a golf cart in our standard villa garage.

Chatbrat 07-24-2019 01:08 PM

Most garages in TV are too small for a Navigator or a suburban--a tape measure is your best friend-if we didn't buy a spec house I would have had a house with a 3' stretch garage

vintageogauge 07-24-2019 01:13 PM

When we moved here I had a large ford transit van and I had to be sure it would fit before we signed so they said to go ahead and pull it in. It fit with about 1/8" clearance on top, length was no problem. So, just give it a try before you buy.

Brendanyc 07-24-2019 02:00 PM

I have a Hyundai Sante Fe.