Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019). Possible Spoilers. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/once-upon-time-hollywood-2019-possible-spoilers-295848/)

Taltarzac725 07-25-2019 07:49 AM

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019). Possible Spoilers.

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

I probably will not get to this one for a few days but it sure looks interesting.

Taltarzac725 07-29-2019 06:41 PM

About five people walked out from the Closed Captioned $5 showing at 1:00 PM this afternoon. Cursing and violence are kind of the norm in Quentin Tarantino movies.

I loved this movie. It is hard to say why without revealing spoilers. :bigbow::popcorn:

Go see it and wait a few weeks before posting anything about it, please.

I may go see it a few more times before it leaves the theater as it is quite a masterpiece of film making.

alwann 07-29-2019 06:49 PM

I understand it has a rather long running time. Maybe some folks left to go to the john.

Taltarzac725 07-29-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1668499)
I understand it has a rather long running time. Maybe some folks left to go to the john.

They never came back. The Closed Captioning showings do not seem to be getting any crowds.

ureout 07-30-2019 06:11 AM

that's almost 3 hrs. of pure boredom..wow.. I kept hoping for it to get better.. both brad pitt and decaprio did a great job but the movie/story line STUNK.. IMO

Taltarzac725 07-30-2019 07:04 AM

Possible spoilers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1668545)
that's almost 3 hrs. of pure boredom..wow.. I kept hoping for it to get better.. both brad pitt and decaprio did a great job but the movie/story line STUNK.. IMO

It did seem slow at times but it is one of those movies that you look back on the details and say "WOW"!

Saying more will spoil things for people.

collie1228 07-30-2019 07:47 AM

I have found every one of Tarantino's movies to be unintelligible on first watching (except for his best film, "Jackie Brown"). The crazy way he manipulates timelines is confusing at best, but after a couple watchings, seem to make sense. I know that's not much of a recommendation, but I while love "Jackie Brown", "Pulp Fiction" and "Django Unchained", I have no love for "Inglorious Basterds" or "Hateful Eight". I guess I would say his good work is great, and his bad work is very bad. I hope this one is a good one.

Taltarzac725 07-30-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1668591)
I have found every one of Tarantino's movies to be unintelligible on first watching (except for his best film, "Jackie Brown"). The crazy way he manipulates timelines is confusing at best, but after a couple watchings, seem to make sense. I know that's not much of a recommendation, but I while love "Jackie Brown", "Pulp Fiction" and "Django Unchained", I have no love for "Inglorious Basterds" or "Hateful Eight". I guess I would say his good work is great, and his bad work is very bad. I hope this one is a good one.

Judging from the ones you liked and those you did not I would not see you as enjoying this one. It is definitely in the Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds group.

skyking 07-30-2019 10:06 AM

We saw it last Friday. As stated above, long, slow and boring. No story line. The acting was great, otherwise no redeeming value.

biker1 07-30-2019 05:33 PM

I agree. Another gem by Tarantino.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1668496)
About five people walked out from the Closed Captioned $5 showing at 1:00 PM this afternoon. Cursing and violence are kind of the norm in Quentin Tarantino movies.

I loved this movie. It is hard to say why without revealing spoilers. :bigbow::popcorn:

Go see it and wait a few weeks before posting anything about it, please.

I may go see it a few more times before it leaves the theater as it is quite a masterpiece of film making.

Taltarzac725 07-30-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1668750)
I agree. Another gem by Tarantino.

It seemed to be one of his best movies. :bigbow::popcorn:

Chi-Town 07-31-2019 07:42 AM

Great buddy flick and his best since Pulp Fiction. Along with DiCaprio and Pitt there is an unbelievable supporting cast. Throw in a late 60's Los Angeles setting and a soundtrack to match and wait for the Academy Awards.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Taltarzac725 07-31-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1668846)
Great buddy flick and his best since Pulp Fiction. Along with DiCaprio and Pitt there is an unbelievable supporting cast. Throw in a a late 60's Los Angeles setting and a soundtrack to match and wait for the Academy Awards.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It should be up for a lot of Awards IMHO. And I loved some of the details in it. These are on February 9, 2020. 92nd Academy Awards - Wikipedia

Schaumburger 08-08-2019 12:11 PM

Enjoyed this movie a lot. Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Margo Robbie gave great performances. Expect multiple Oscar nominations for this movie. Great soundtrack. Giving it 3.5 stars out of 4.

Taltarzac725 08-08-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1671461)
Enjoyed this movie a lot. Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Margo Robbie gave great performances. Expect multiple Oscar nominations for this movie. Great soundtrack. Giving it 3.5 stars out of 4.

Great that you liked it. I may go see it again soon. It is one of those that you need to see again after viewing how everything played out.