Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Looking for contractor to paint garage floor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/looking-contractor-paint-garage-floor-295862/)

txbob34 07-25-2019 05:52 PM

Looking for contractor to paint garage floor

I'm buying a new house in the Marsh Bend subdivision. I would like to get help painting the floor of my garage. Recommendations are appreciated.

retiredguy123 07-25-2019 05:58 PM

Tim Miller. Use epoxy with texture.

txbob34 07-25-2019 06:12 PM

Do you have Tim's phone number?

retiredguy123 07-25-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txbob34 (Post 1667450)
Do you have Tim's phone number?

Tim Miller, 352-217-0561.

DadsGarage 08-01-2019 09:15 PM

I am also buying a new house in Marsh Bend subdivision, I guess we are neighbors. I am also looking at having my garage floor coated. Did you have any luck with Tim? I have been researching the process and what I have found is if you want it to last it should be a many step process. For example if you are going with an Epoxy system something like this:
1 It’s extremely important that the concrete be cleaned.
2 Additionally, the surface needs to be prepared (profiled) by means of, preferably grinding of the concrete. NOT ACID ETCHED
3 Epoxy Primer Coat Since most epoxy primers are water based
4 100% solids Epoxy basecoat NOT A WATER BASED EPOXY
5 Color Chips, full refusal broadcast
6 Top Coat 1 Polyurethane
7 Top Coat 2 Polyurethane
What have you been finding out??
I have also requested quotes from:
Garage Flooring Pros
Orlando Garage Floors
Epoxy Brothers, Inc
Tru-Grit Coatings, LLC
I am in the process of reviewing their proposals.

biker1 08-01-2019 09:54 PM

Tim Miller did my garage floor, along with countless others. He acid washed and then applied epoxy and a clear coat. It is 5 years old and look the same as on day 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsGarage (Post 1669330)
I am also buying a new house in Marsh Bend subdivision, I guess we are neighbors. I am also looking at having my garage floor coated. Did you have any luck with Tim? I have been researching the process and what I have found is if you want it to last it should be a many step process. For example if you are going with an Epoxy system something like this:
2 Additionally, the surface needs to be prepared (profiled) by means of, preferably grinding of the concrete. NOT ACID ETCHED
Garage Flooring Pros
Orlando Garage Floors
Epoxy Brothers, Inc
Tru-Grit Coatings, LLC

Altavia 08-01-2019 10:23 PM

How long do you need to wait before applying?

Anyone tried polished concrete?

Polished concrete - Wikipedia

russtcc 08-02-2019 02:54 AM

Tim Miller is the way to go. Did my first house floor 5 years ago and still looks great. Just had him do the stairs and the floor on a new designer. Its a several day process and worth it. The phone number is 352-217-0561.

GrumpyOldMan 08-02-2019 04:11 AM

What is the ball park cost?

biker1 08-02-2019 06:28 AM

$1000 +/- depending on square footage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1669353)
What is the ball park cost?

villagetinker 08-02-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsGarage (Post 1669330)
Garage Flooring Pros
Orlando Garage Floors
Epoxy Brothers, Inc
Tru-Grit Coatings, LLC

Be sure the last top coat has shark grip or equal anti slip additive or you will have a very slippery surface when to get wet.

GrumpyOldMan 08-02-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1669369)
$1000 +/- depending on square footage.

Thank you very much!:clap2:

Living a Fantasy 08-02-2019 01:08 PM

Javier Melchor is a one man company. Very detailed and professional. Just finished my driveway and my neighbors. Reasonable. He does painting driveways, garages, patios, porches, grinding, staining, and epoxys; so his services card states. His number is: 352-308-4521

HogPilot 08-03-2019 08:06 AM

Tim Miller did ours 5 years ago, looks as good as the day he painted it. Had it done before we moved in. You can walk on it in a day, but will need to wait a few days before parking your vehicles. I had him paint the utility closet floor too. He also installed an aluminum ladder to the attic. I did not opt for the textured grip, mops up very well. Yea, its slippery when wet.
I've painted my garage floors in the last two houses, with unremarkable results. Glad I had someone do it professionally.

Mickedamouse24 08-03-2019 11:04 AM

:super:Amy Newsome! 352-308-7410 Does excellent work! Give her a try!