Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   The Villages Health offering second insurer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/villages-health-offering-second-insurer-295871/)

champion6 07-26-2019 07:29 AM

The Villages Health offering second insurer

Interesting note in today's Daily Sun:

"The Villages Health's clinics are adding a second Medicare Advantage insurer for patients. Florida Blue, part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, will have its Medicare Advantage plan accepted at TVH's eight clinics. The clinics also will maintain TVH's six-year partnership with UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Advantage plan, clinic officials confirmed Thursday."

As we know, this pertains to patients over 65 who are seeing a primary care physician at TVH.

gomsiepop 07-26-2019 02:56 PM

:pray:I'm hoping they'll eventually accept other plans including regular Medicare!!

Villageswimmer 07-26-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomsiepop (Post 1667675)
:pray:I'm hoping they'll eventually accept other plans including regular Medicare!!

I think the problem with hoping for something like this is they will move whichever way the wind blows. They won’t hesitate to drop you whenever it’s financially to their advantage. Then, there you are again, looking for a PCP. Remember, it’s a business. Just a fact.

Northwoods 07-26-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomsiepop (Post 1667675)

I could be wrong... but I don't think this will ever happen. The Villages Health model has 30/60 min. Dr. visits and a bunch of other benefits. Medicare reimbursement will never pay enough to make this viable.
It's really all about what your priorities are.

trichard 07-27-2019 06:55 AM

It’s my understanding that the Villages Health will be sold to Optum effective 1/1/20. New management is tight lipped on taking Medicare Original, but the chances are high. However, after they screwed us in the past why would anyone give them a second chance after we have established relationships with other quality physicians?

OCsun 07-27-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1667767)
I could be wrong... but I don't think this will ever happen. The Villages Health model has 30/60 min. Dr. visits and a bunch of other benefits. Medicare reimbursement will never pay enough to make this viable.
It's really all about what your priorities are.

The only time I ever saw the doctor for more than 5 minutes was during my first new patient visit. I spend 30 minutes with the RN and the assistants but never the doctor.

champion6 07-27-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trichard (Post 1667823)
It’s my understanding that the Villages Health will be sold to Optum effective 1/1/20. New management is tight lipped on taking Medicare Original, but the chances are high. However, after they screwed us in the past why would anyone give them a second chance after we have established relationships with other quality physicians?

:boom: if true!

Dan9871 07-27-2019 10:02 AM

OptumCare is part of United Health Care. From their web site, it's not clear that the buy-up practices. They talk about doctors/practices partnering with OptumCare. It looks like OptumCare focuses on senior health care. And again, it's hard to tell from the web site, because it's a partnership it looks like they don't change much at the practice that partners with them. Some are large practices that do everything from babies to seniors, some are individual docs and everything in between. Some take all kinds of insurance and some are Advantage Plan only.

Senior Care & Medicare Clinics - OptumCare

Guess we will have to see what happens if it happens.

sunny70 08-08-2019 07:55 AM

Good grief. What next at The Villages Health? I've been with them from the beginning, have had Five different doctors and am currently waiting to see who my next Doctor will be. I have had excellent care during this time, but it is unnerving to change doctors every couple years because they " went back to where their family lives". We recently had a long Thread here on the problems at the Mulberry Center. I would bet all the Centers have experienced the same. Maybe a change in ownership would be a good thing. Maybe the Docs will actually stick around! If not, I will be looking for a doctor outside my current Health Care Center!