Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Great communication re water boiling (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/great-communication-re-water-boiling-295955/)

CWGUY 07-29-2019 12:16 PM

Great communication re water boiling

Just got home from golf and found 2, not 1, 2 boil water notices in my email. :coolsmiley:

Everyone learned last time and signed up and also received them..... right? :popcorn:

Velvet 07-29-2019 12:35 PM

Yes... but maybe it’s just me, I get the boil water notices on my email but I have yet to get one which says when they’re over. Or I don’t know where to look for those notifications.

Marathon Man 07-29-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1668416)
Just got home from golf and found 2, not 1, 2 boil water notices in my email. :coolsmiley:

Everyone learned last time and signed up and also received them..... right? :popcorn:

And the 'Best Post of the Week' award goes to ...

redwitch 07-30-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1668422)
Yes... but maybe it’s just me, I get the boil water notices on my email but I have yet to get one which says when they’re over. Or I don’t know where to look for those notifications.

They’ll leave a notice on your front door. Should be around 2 pm tomorrow for Hemingway.

Velvet 07-30-2019 11:15 AM

Aha, I’m not in TV right now, that’s why I didn’t know about the notices.

Bogie Shooter 07-30-2019 11:55 AM

Then you don't need to boil...…..

CWGUY 07-30-2019 11:57 AM

:oops:

DeanFL 07-30-2019 12:01 PM

I get the water boil notices too.
But only when I'm ready for a cup of tea in January.

Velvet 07-30-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1668680)
Then you don't need to boil...…..

That is so funny... what I should have said is that I get the boil warnings on my email but not when they are over. I did not know (not being there physically) that you get a sign on your door when it’s over.
I’m still learning all about life in TV, and it sure is great!

CWGUY 07-31-2019 10:45 AM

:boom: Another "Boil Water Notice" received at 11:13 a.m. today 7/31/19. Seven streets listed. :)

CWGUY 07-31-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1668422)

One of the two issued on 7/29 was just rescinded. I got the email at 11:22 a.m. today. :ho:

Velvet 07-31-2019 12:00 PM

Serious? You got email rescinding the boil water warnings, I don’t seem to get those on my email. It would be great if I did. Is there any type of filter that would make the water ok to drink so you don’t have to boil it, when you get one of these notices?

Bogie Shooter 07-31-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1668921)
Serious? You got email rescinding the boil water warnings, I don’t seem to get those on my email. It would be great if I did. Is there any type of filter that would make the water ok to drink so you don’t have to boil it, when you get one of these notices?

Since you continue to complain that you don't receive the rescinding notices....Suggest you do the following.
e-Notifications Sign Up
E-Notifications allow your District Government to send important information to the email address you provide. If you would like us to contact you on any of the subjects below, please enter the requested information in each field and check the box next to each newsletter or notification to which you would like to subscribe. For a description of a specific newsletter or notification, please click on the text to the right of the check box. To ensure you receive the notifications you requested, please add no-reply@districtgov.org into your email contact list. If you have any questions, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508

CWGUY 07-31-2019 12:15 PM

:oops: Probably would accomplish more calling the people that put out the emails than posting about it here. Use the info. posted above.

Velvet 07-31-2019 12:56 PM

I got just got one! Yes! A rescind notice on my email.... you guys are the best.

I never underestimate the power of TOTV and the great posters here.