Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Orange Blossom Hills Closed UFN (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/orange-blossom-hills-closed-ufn-295956/)

TeeRex#14 07-29-2019 01:19 PM

Orange Blossom Hills Closed UFN

Anyone know why OBH course is closed "until further notice beginning July 26"

Had a teetime for Wed 7/31 scheduled and they left me a message to cancel it !! :shocked::ohdear::ohdear:

Nucky 07-29-2019 01:56 PM

I believe they run the sprinklers to lower those pesky ponds that save us from losing our homes if the heavy-duty rain comes in shortly. A friend of ours who is a Starter said Hilltop & Silver Lake are closed UFN also. I do not know the last two to be a fact. Better check it out with whoever left you that message. I think they have other courses you can still use.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-29-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1668433)
I believe they run the sprinklers to lower those pesky ponds that save us from losing our homes if the heavy-duty rain comes in shortly. A friend of ours who is a Starter said Hilltop & Silver Lake are closed UFN also. I do not know the last two to be a fact. Better check it out with whoever left you that message. I think they have other courses you can still use.

I wish they'd funnel some of that sprinkler water to my house! 19,000 gallons of water last month, and we were only THERE for a week!

Nucky 07-29-2019 02:10 PM

:1rotfl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1668435)
I wish they'd funnel some of that sprinkler water to my house! 19,000 gallons of water last month, and we were only THERE for a week!

You must be watering the entire neighborhood. :1rotfl: Sometimes the Sprinkler timer is set for more than one program. I did that myself because I couldn't see the writing on the timer. Had a Handyman put in a:
Item # 249597 Model # 27894

Orbit 4-Station Indoor/Outdoor Irrigation Timer. From Lowes.

Big Numbers and easy as pie to program. I have no clue how many gallons we use but have kept most of the habits from the water shortage days. When we do water its twice a week and 4 zones and each for 20 to 30 minutes. Hope that helps.

TeeRex#14 07-29-2019 10:04 PM

Thanks for the good info, sounds pretty reasonable

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-30-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1668439)
:1rotfl:

You must be watering the entire neighborhood. :1rotfl: Sometimes the Sprinkler timer is set for more than one program. I did that myself because I couldn't see the writing on the timer. Had a Handyman put in a:
Item # 249597 Model # 27894

Orbit 4-Station Indoor/Outdoor Irrigation Timer. From Lowes.

Big Numbers and easy as pie to program. I have no clue how many gallons we use but have kept most of the habits from the water shortage days. When we do water its twice a week and 4 zones and each for 20 to 30 minutes. Hope that helps.

It seemed like WAY too much, so I called the water company. They insisted it was about right for the neighborhood. I think what I might do is ask the water company if any property bordering mine, on the sides or immediately behind, have significantly lower useage. If they are, then there might be a problem with incorrect routing of the pipes through the neighborhood.

karostay 07-30-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1668435)

Time to have your irrigation controller checked