Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Multimodal Path Signs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/multimodal-path-signs-295986/)

vinricci 07-30-2019 12:45 PM

Multimodal Path Signs

Kudos to the developers for the new signage on the multi mode paths. Much easier to get around.

Arctic Fox 07-30-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinricci (Post 1668685)
Kudos to the developers for the new signage on the multi mode paths. Much easier to get around.

Agreed, although they could have gone with a larger font.

Goldwingnut 07-30-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinricci (Post 1668685)

The developer had nothing to do with the new signs and had no say in the decision. They have agreed to use this as the standard going forward so the community would be consistent. The PWAC and AAC made the joint decision to replace the signs on the MMPs. The process was long and involved and required many hours of work by both groups as well as the District staff.

These were paid for our of your annual maintenance assessments. And NO, the developer did not make a dime on this work, it was competitively bid work to companies that specialize in road signs.

Nucky 07-30-2019 02:02 PM

What a fantastic improvement the New Signs Are. I felt like Mr. Magoo Mr Magoo Opening Theme - YouTube with the other signs. Anytime anyone behind us gave some encouragement with a honk of the horn you know we had to sit there a while till I was certain which way to go or wait for the Special GPS to work. It is acting up again by the way. I surrender on the GPS issue. The New Signs are so good I'm gonna take the GPS outta my phone. Thank You to all those involved.

Marathon Man 07-30-2019 02:29 PM

The Developer developed TV, as in built it.

We have a govenment structure made up of elected officials who are residents, plus a staff of profesionals that perform various jobs. These are the folks who keep our community running. It it very much like any other community.

For those who have not yet attended, I highly recommend signing up for 'Resident Acadamy'. You will learn all obout our community and how it works.

Packer Fan 07-30-2019 08:46 PM

Love the new signs. You can actually read them while you are moving!

tophcfa 07-30-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 1668781)
Love the new signs. You can actually read them while you are moving!

:coolsmiley:

Goldwingnut 07-31-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1668711)
The Developer developed TV, as in built it.

We have a govenment structure made up of elected officials who are residents, plus a staff of profesionals that perform various jobs. These are the folks who keep our community running. It it very much like any other community.

For those who have not yet attended, I highly recommend signing up for 'Resident Acadamy'. You will learn all obout our community and how it works.

Nice to see some positive comments about our CDD government system. We District Supervisors are not puppets or in the developer's pocket as may seem to think, we are residents looking out for the best long term interest of our fellow residents.