Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Par Car Dealership Closed? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/par-car-dealership-closed-296258/)

coffeebean 08-04-2019 07:26 PM

Par Car Dealership Closed?

I passed Par Car Dealership on 441 a couple of days ago and noticed the lot was totally empty. I guess they have vacated the premises.

My Daily Run 08-05-2019 05:57 AM

they moved their showroom to their service area on Industrial St.

NotGolfer 08-05-2019 06:37 AM

They are NOT closed...they got bought out by another company and moved the dealership down across from the airport or Harley dealership in Leesburg!!!

justjim 08-05-2019 07:33 AM

Who bought par car

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1670314)
They are NOT closed...they got bought out by another company and moved the dealership down across from the airport or Harley dealership in Leesburg!!!

Who bought Par Car? Originally I believe they were Harley Davidson...:clap2:

SouthOfTheBorder 08-05-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1670314)

They have not been "bought out".

Columbia Parcar-Tomberlin has stopped operating their own direct sales outlets and are now selling through authorized dealers only. A new retail dealership has opened along 441 in Leesburg, as mentioned above.

Columbia Parcar-Tomberlin now has many dealerships throughout FL and across the US.

They will continue to assemble carts and supply their new dealers from their Leesburg facility.

Ben Franklin 08-24-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1670192)
I passed Par Car Dealership on 441 a couple of days ago and noticed the lot was totally empty. I guess they have vacated the premises.

I just visited them on Friday. They have a big place on 441 and Ice Cream Road in Leesburg. If you pass Harley Davidson's, you've gone too far. They are on the opposite side.

The ParCars felt like driving a truck. The steering was really stiff. I did like the Tomberlins, however.

JoMar 08-24-2019 06:13 PM

How are they handling service? Also, is that now Luxus of Leesburg?

Jayhawk 08-25-2019 07:06 AM

A Quick History of Columbia and ParCar Vehicles | Golf Cart Resource

ParCar is now history.

The two brands have recently merged and are now marketed under the Tomberlin name. The popular Eagle Series and Legacy Touring Series once available under the ParCar name have now become the Tomberlin Eagle and the Tomberlin Legacy Touring.

susieq31 09-18-2019 10:49 AM

The 441 and Leesburg locations of Columbia ParCar are permanently closed. The new guys are Luxus of Leesburg. I had to have my 2012 ParCar batteries replaced by them, and I am unhappy with their service so far. I was very clear that I would be away from home And could not take delivery until a certain time, yet two separate drivers tried to deliver while I was away. One wanted to leave the cart in the driveway with the keys in it and when I said no he was quite rude. I’m told they will honor the Columbia ParCar service agreements. We’ll see...

Does anyone know of anyone in or near the Villages that services ParCar, besides Luxus?

Chi-Town 09-18-2019 11:17 AM

A-1 Golf Cart Repairs.

Kenny Dollarhide

352-217-6225

Services Par Cars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

justjim 09-18-2019 11:29 AM

Did Par Car ever come out with a gas cart? If not, I think that hurt their sales as TV got larger and larger.

TechGC 09-18-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1682400)
Did Par Car ever come out with a gas cart? If not, I think that hurt their sales as TV got larger and larger.

They had one for many years. In 1996 they revamped the body and engine and it was a pile of junk. A few years later they dropped gas cars altogether

JoMar 09-18-2019 02:13 PM

Had my ParCar serviced by Luxus......very satisfied, they checked everything on my list, repaired what I thought needed repaired and actually didn't do one thing I thought it needed because they thought I would be wasting money. The cart is 5 years old and now runs like the day we bought it....pleasantly surprised.