Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   In Today's newspaper (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/todays-newspaper-296302/)

BobnBev 08-06-2019 05:07 AM

In Today's newspaper

Is this what The Villages is all about---really? Page D5 shows a picture of 4 guys that go to different happy hours every day for drinks. How sad is that. Notice in the picture they all look half-looped, no food on the table, and I see one has his car keys on the table. I would only hope he is sober and drives the other 3 around. I'm gonna save that picture and story. Could come in handy in court one day. Maybe I should send it to Dan Newlin.:ohdear::ohdear:

Chatbrat 08-06-2019 06:59 AM

Get a Tesla, & let the car do the driving

Marathon Man 08-06-2019 07:05 AM

Does it say they get drunk every day? Does it say that they have become alcoholics and have ruined there lives? Or does it say that they go to happy hour every day, have a few drinks, talk about the world, and enjoy life?

fw102807 08-06-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1670683)
Is this what The Villages is all about---really? Page D5 shows a picture of 4 guys that go to different happy hours every day for drinks. How sad is that. Notice in the picture they all look half-looped, no food on the table, and I see one has his car keys on the table. I would only hope he is sober and drives the other 3 around. I'm gonna save that picture and story. Could come in handy in court one day. Maybe I should send it to Dan Newlin.:ohdear::ohdear:

The standing joke is that The Villages is a drinking community with a golf problem

vintageogauge 08-06-2019 07:13 AM

They have been enjoying this for 16 years and evidently having a good time. My only question is if they are married what have their wives been doing for those 16 years during happy hour?

Chellybean 08-06-2019 07:26 AM

their with there personal trainers lmao.

PennBF 08-06-2019 07:29 AM

Disgrace

It is both a disgrace for the men, (future AA Members) being proud of bad behavior and the paper for publishing something that give the kids an example of acceptable bad behavior. Does anyone believe that drinking everyday is a healthy lifestyle or first a guy drugs up his mind and then goes home to a family that has not drug'd themselves What is just as bad are the ones who respond by mocking those that criticize the behavior or supporting this behavior. This may be the reason the Villages has so many AA Meetings. Sad ..:ohdear:

Chatbrat 08-06-2019 07:55 AM

guess Winston Churchill would have been a better prime minister if he didn't drink a fifth of Johnny Walker Red every day, smoke @ least 6 cigars a day & it finally killed him @ 86

BobnBev 08-06-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1670724)
guess Winston Churchill would have been a better prime minister if he didn't drink a fifth of Johnny Walker Red every day, smoke @ least 6 cigars a day & it finally killed him @ 86

So, you really think he drove himself all over England?

BobnBev 08-06-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennBF (Post 1670713)
It is both a disgrace for the men, (future AA Members) being proud of bad behavior and the paper for publishing something that give the kids an example of acceptable bad behavior. Does anyone believe that drinking everyday is a healthy lifestyle or first a guy drugs up his mind and then goes home to a family that has not drug'd themselves What is just as bad are the ones who respond by mocking those that criticize the behavior or supporting this behavior. This may be the reason the Villages has so many AA Meetings. Sad ..:ohdear:

Finally, a sensible reply. Thank you PennBF.

Bogie Shooter 08-06-2019 10:17 AM

16 years and nobody has been affected by their little club.
At least they are not sitting around watching TV,,,,,,waiting to die.

kilowatt 08-06-2019 10:29 AM

Ho Hum, bad boys. Why go out when you can sit home staring at the walls.

Fredster 08-06-2019 10:36 AM

These guys have probably never given serious thought, to why
they need mind altering chemicals to enjoy life!

Chatbrat 08-06-2019 10:36 AM

ai know those guys, used to see them @ Hemmingways, but since we no longer go Havana, I see them when we go to Arnold Palmer--they drink responsibly

Velvet 08-06-2019 10:49 AM

My reading of OP’s comment is that this photo seems to represent (inaccurately) typical Village lifestyle. Must make bar owners happy.... and why not let them be together it does beat the loneliness of being alone.