Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Another Line Dancing Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/another-line-dancing-question-296325/)

Polar Bear 08-06-2019 03:12 PM

Another Line Dancing Question

Come on you regular line dancers out there...

If somebody wanted to learn...let's say...ten of the most popular, most frequently used line dances, where might they be available to learn? Are they on YouTube? Are they shown on the Villages Line Dance Community website?

( Villages Line Dance Community – Promoting Camaraderie and Friendship Throughout the Villages, FL Line Dance Community )

Somewhere else possibly?

And if you want to recommend the best classes to learn frequently used line dances, that would be fine too. But this post is mostly looking for ways to learn dances at home, videos, etc...those dances that appear most frequently at the squares.

Thanks.

fw102807 08-06-2019 03:59 PM

Try this

Videos – Villages Line Dance Community

Polar Bear 08-06-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1670910)

Thanks. Much appreciated. Honest! :) But that’s the website I linked in my op. Heheh.

I’m actually looking to identify some (maybe ten or so) of those dances that are used most frequently at the squares. :)

vintageogauge 08-07-2019 01:56 PM

Go to the classes for beginners you'll learn to do them right. I think Rohan has a good beginner class.

Polar Bear 08-07-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1671191)
Go to the classes for beginners you'll learn to do them right. I think Rohan has a good beginner class.

Heheh. I’m not advanced. But I’m not a beginner either. I’m just trying to find out some of the most frequently used dances. :)

Madelaine Amee 08-07-2019 02:34 PM

I have taught myself dances from YouTube, but you have to know the name of the dance first. For instance, I wanted to learn "Hello Dolly" and there is a couple of minutes of steps in the middle of the dance that I could not get at a class, so I YouTubed the dance and learned it here at home. I am sure you know that you can stop and start YouTube whenever you want. Also, I used to download the steps and music to a dance from a site on line and right this minute I cannot think what it is called, but I will do a search for you and if I can get this old brain working, I will send you the link.

I used to dance several times a week. Most of my instructors at that time have retired and I am no longer into dancing.

Madelaine Amee 08-07-2019 02:46 PM

Oh my goodness, I found the site that I used to use: Copperknob at:

CopperKnob - Beginners Guide

Great site. You get the usic and the dance steps and a video of them dancing. Now all you need is to know the name of the dance!

Just for the hxxl of it look for Hello Dolly, or Canoo. Also check out Jan Walters jammin-with-jan-and-fan-club@googleg...oglegroups.com>;

Jan is a great teacher and you might even email her and see if she can assist you.

OrangeBlossomBaby 08-07-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1671196)
Heheh. I’m not advanced. But I’m not a beginner either. I’m just trying to find out some of the most frequently used dances. :)

The Electric Slide
The Macarena
The Cha-Cha slide
Boot-scootin Boogie
Texas Waltz (partner line dance)

Polar Bear 08-07-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1671206)
The Electric Slide
The Macarena
The Cha-Cha slide
Boot-scootin Boogie
Texas Waltz (partner line dance)

Now there’s a start. :)

Anybody got some more?