Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Help with New Furniture (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/help-new-furniture-296393/)

GrumpyOldMan 08-07-2019 05:48 PM

Help with New Furniture

3 Attachment(s)
We have decided to not bring our old furniture with us next month when we move in to TV.

We have looked around and found a set we like but on researching it, the reviews are not to pretty good. Since we would have to order this "sight unseen" that is not too pretty good.

So, can anyone recommend a store or brand or set that is similar to this one (Bonaventure Park by HomElegance) that we can touch and feel locally (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Orlando, etc)

Our budget is around $15k for the three rooms

GrumpyOldMan 08-07-2019 06:02 PM

Or even know of a store locally that stocks this?

vintageogauge 08-07-2019 06:31 PM

Call Babette's Furniture in The Villages and ask for Kim. you will be able to send her your photos and she can take it from there. They furnished our home when we moved down.

graciegirl 08-07-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1671262)
We have decided to not bring our old furniture with us next month when we move in to TV.

We have looked around and found a set we like but on researching it, the reviews are not to pretty good. Since we would have to order this "sight unseen" that is not too pretty good.

So, can anyone recommend a store or brand or set that is similar to this one (Bonaventure Park by HomElegance) that we can touch and feel locally (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Orlando, etc)

Our budget is around $15k for the three rooms

I love your choices. It is very much like the feel of our house. We like Babbettes and they have many brands that are well known and lovely.

Midnight Cowgirl 08-07-2019 11:51 PM

Check out Baer's Furniture: Baers.com
They have a number of stores in the Orlando area.

It's family-owned and run and they've been in business for many years and have stores through Florida.
Their stores are huge and they have a vast inventory.

You might want to call them for information first or go there to simply "shop."
It's a fast, easy drive and probably would be helpful to see their many different choices, most of which you won't find on their website because of their ever-changing inventory..

Velvet 08-08-2019 12:45 AM

Since I just bought new furniture for my house (closed a couple of months ago) I went through the same process you are going through. I googled this series, Bonaventure Park, and I could not find a showroom where you could touch the quality or see the actual color. If you go ahead with this order I would try one or two items first so if you don’t like it you’re not in for a big surprise. Or if they could guarantee a return policy if you don’t like it. The photos look amazing, I’d just like to see it in person first and my search didn’t show anywhere where one could do that.

I found White’s furniture by TV pretty good. They do not carry so much of the classical type of furniture but they have a nice selection. Initially, I was going to rent furniture to give me time to look around for the permanent stuff, but hubby didn’t like the idea.

mgb10155 08-08-2019 10:02 AM

Check out Family Furniture - Furniture, Mattress, and Bedding in Leesburg, Apopka and Eustis FL in Leesburg. Talk to Debra she will come to your house and measure the rooms and have recommendations to make sure everything fits.

Brian

eweissenbach 08-08-2019 12:58 PM

City Furniture furnishes the TV model homes and has complete packages for all the various configurations. Others, such as Babettes may also have similar packages. Most of the furnished models that I have seen have "Florida" furniture with a lot of white or off white painted pieces and bright colors. That may or may not be your taste, but it suits me fine. We got our Villa mostly furnished with American Drew Camden Buttermilk and we love it. I believe Family Furniture in Leesburg carries American Drew.

Velvet 08-08-2019 01:08 PM

I love American Drew myself and my hubby likes I forgot the name but some hard wood by the Mennonites so we got two different bedroom furniture. The thing is for Florida a certain airiness in furniture seems nice. I have not been to Family Furniture in Leesburg we went to the Walmart in Leesburg once accidentally and decided not to go into the area again. But this furniture store has such a good website that we will go when we can. They don’t indicate their prices online so it’s hard to say if they are competitive.

BobnBev 08-08-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1671491)
City Furniture furnishes the TV model homes and has complete packages for all the various configurations. Others, such as Babettes may also have similar packages. Most of the furnished models that I have seen have "Florida" furniture with a lot of white or off white painted pieces and bright colors. That may or may not be your taste, but it suits me fine. We got our Villa mostly furnished with American Drew Camden Buttermilk and we love it. I believe Family Furniture in Leesburg carries American Drew.

Everything I've read about City Furniture says avoid them like the plague.

Brendanyc 08-08-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1671496)
I love American Drew myself and my hubby likes I forgot the name but some hard wood by the Mennonites so we got two different bedroom furniture. The thing is for Florida a certain airiness in furniture seems nice. I have not been to Family Furniture in Leesburg we went to the Walmart in Leesburg once accidentally and decided not to go into the area again. But this furniture store has such a good website that we will go when we can. They don’t indicate their prices online so it’s hard to say if they are competitive.

I just bought a pre-owned home furnished with American Drew. In the next few months I will be selling on TOTV. Sorry I couldn't share before you needed it. Sometimes you can get a great bargain from for sale by owner.

philnpat 08-08-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1671535)

I'll second that!!!

Midnight Cowgirl 08-08-2019 06:07 PM

Facts, Please -- Not Opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1671535)

Quote:

Originally Posted by philnpat (Post 1671547)
I'll second that!!!

What have you heard about City Furniture and do you know for a fact that it's true?

And if the second post is seconding that comment, is it really fair to say that without some supportive facts???

Neither of these comments is fair to the company without verified facts to support what they are saying.

eweissenbach 08-08-2019 08:41 PM

To be clear I was not endorsing City Furniture. We have bought some pieces from them and have been satisfied. One recliner we purchased was damaged and they promptly replaced it - no problem. What I was saying was that they furnish the TV models and they have packages available for every model of home. You can make up your own mind if the furniture fits your needs at a fair price. I assume that Babettes also has packages for TV homes but you would have to check that out.

Packer Fan 08-08-2019 09:04 PM

Showcase furniture in Mount Dora is excellent. They have a website. Easy to work with, deliver to the villages, and good prices. Just have one question. Where did you find a Victorian house in TV? Seriously the thrift stores are full.of that style. Seriously buy what you want, but you can get some really nice stuff second hand and a lot of it is that style.