Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Just when I’ve thought I’ve seen everything..... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/just-when-ive-thought-ive-seen-everything-296582/)

kcrazorbackfan 08-10-2019 01:57 PM

Just when I’ve thought I’ve seen everything.....

.....here comes a cart - AGAINST TRAFFIC - in the diamond lane on St. Charles Blvd. 🙄🙄🙄

Mikeod 08-10-2019 07:20 PM

Had one of those situations driving that you can see a problem going to occur and all you can do is say “No, no, no.” I was traveling south on Morse just below 466a approaching the roundabout with a car in front of me in the left lane and a car beside me in the right lane. Entering the roundabout, the car in front puts on his right blinker and I started braking waiting for the crash. Sure enough, the car in front makes a right turn into the visitor entrance to Pinellas, but fortunately, the car to my right enters the resident lane. Whew!

manaboutown 08-10-2019 10:34 PM

Dementia, drugs...???

Ooper 08-10-2019 11:47 PM

Things really get dicey when a car wants to take a short cut in a round-about by turning left upon entering the circle, and going the wrong direction to get to the exit it should have taken by going 3/4 the way around it. Luckily, the cars going the correct way managed to stop just in time, narrowly avoiding an accident.

skip0358 08-11-2019 06:02 AM

Happened to me about 2 weeks ago on Buena Vista Blvd & Bonita Blvd. I'm coming around the Circle head South all of a sudden there's a car coming out of Bonita that decided to make the left and take the short cut without using the traffic circle. We exchanged a few hand signals and words and he was on his merry way at a high rate of speed.

JoelJohnson 08-11-2019 06:12 AM

Saw a cop stop a golf cart going north on Morse just before 466.

karostay 08-11-2019 07:32 AM

They weren't snowbirds either HUMMMMM

EdFNJ 08-11-2019 10:50 AM

Just when I’ve thought I’ve seen everything.....

We need a separate for section of TOTV just for “silly things golf cart drivers do” since there is a new one just about every day. :)

How about this: I know people always complain about GCs going over 20mph but recently there have been numerous carts going between 9 and 10mph down the MMP between LSL and Mallory. Not quite sure which is worse. Kind of like driving 55 down Morse (35 speed limit) or driving 15 on Morse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobnBev 08-11-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1672244)
We need a separate for section of TOTV just for “silly things golf cart drivers do” since there is a new one just about every day. :)

How about this: I know people always complain about GCs going over 20mph but recently there have been numerous carts going between 9 and 10mph down the MMP between LSL and Mallory. Not quite sure which is worse. Kind of like driving 55 down Morse (35 speed limit) or driving 15 on Morse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they're trying to slow down the hot rodder type in the souped up carts, just sayin.:boom:

pauld315 08-11-2019 12:37 PM

Craziest ones I have seen this past month was a cart driving north in the right hand lane on 301 just north of the Wawa at 466 and 301 during the middle of the day. Cart was not street legal.

Yesterday, driving west on 466 heading towards Morse there was a policeman parked in the right hand lane with his lights going. He was waiting for church to let out so he could direct traffic. I was behind somebody in the left lane who slowed down and came to a complete stop next to the police car and just sat there holding up all traffic behind him. Might have had too much to drink ?

EdFNJ 08-11-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1672271)
Maybe they're trying to slow down the hot rodder type in the souped up carts, just sayin.:boom:

Maybe but still unsafe because it causes people in the 5 carts behind him driving legal limit to try to pass them. How would you like to be behind someone in you car, not cart driving 15 on a 30 mph single lane road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coffeebean 08-11-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobnBev (Post 1672271)

Nahhhh....it is so much easier for those souped up golf carts to pass those slow movers.

mamamia54 08-11-2019 08:33 PM

My husband was driving so I was able to look around. We passed a golf cart on Bailey and of course I turn my head to look and couldn’t believe my eyes. There is a lady with a book on her steering wheel and her head tilted down. If thar’s not bad enough, we are coming back from Sumter Landing and just make the roundabout into St. Charles and a car is coming out of St Charles in our lane. Thank God we just turned in and were in the right lane, they were in the left lane but on the wrong side. Unreal!

JamesD 08-13-2019 09:06 AM

Last week mid day. Yellow corvette going eastbound on CART PATH alongside El Camino Blvd.