Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Have you eaten at the Food Trucks? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/have-you-eaten-food-trucks-296600/)

Northwoods 08-10-2019 07:49 PM

Have you eaten at the Food Trucks?

The two at Marsh Bend. Edna's and Rita's (Mexican). It's really nice!! We had the beef brisket sandwich from Edna's. It's was excellent!!! Fries were really good too. The taco's at Rita's were good (but the winner was the beef brisket). They have a pavilion that serves beer, wine and soda's. It's a great addition!!!

retiredguy123 08-10-2019 08:55 PM

The food may be great, but how are these food truck owners sharing in the cost of the infrastructure? It looks like The Villages is paying for the real estate they occupy and providing tables, chairs, and shelter for the diners. And, who pays to clean up the trash? I would rather see free standing restaurants that pay their own way.

ColdNoMore 08-10-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1672154)
The food may be great, but how are these food truck owners sharing in the cost of the infrastructure? It looks like The Villages is paying for the real estate they occupy and providing tables, chairs, and shelter for the diners. And, who pays to clean up the trash? I would rather see free standing restaurants that pay their own way.

Quite an assumption.

Any proof that they're not paying Da Family...to be where they are selling food?

retiredguy123 08-10-2019 09:05 PM

I'm just asking. I wonder, if someone can just drive a truck into The Villages and sell food, won't that discourage businesses from building restaurants?

champion6 08-10-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1672154)

The food trucks lease the spaces, just as a free-standing restaurant operators lease buildings.

manaboutown 08-10-2019 11:10 PM

Better believe the developers get a cut from every business operating in TV one way or another.

Bay Kid 08-11-2019 06:04 AM

I am sure they do pay something for the right to setup in TVs.

ColdNoMore 08-11-2019 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1672160)
I'm just asking. I wonder, if someone can just drive a truck into The Villages and sell food, won't that discourage businesses from building restaurants?

That isn't what you originally (before editing) said...or are now implying.

Most likely no one here knows for a fact if/how much the food trucks are paying Da Family, but based on they're usual business model it's pretty safe to say...the trucks aren't parked there for free. :oops:

birdawg 08-11-2019 06:37 AM

How come we went from how's the food, to who pays to park there.

Moderator 08-11-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdawg (Post 1672195)
How come we went from how's the food, to who pays to park there.

Well said.... please stay on topic of the food truck menus and offerings and keep the developer greed/conspiracy theories for another thread.

C4Boston 08-11-2019 01:05 PM

Went there last week with 2 other couples. All complimented the food and dining area. Great addition to the area. And for the previous poster, we picked up after ourselves so you were not charged.

Northwoods 08-11-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1672196)
Well said.... please stay on topic of the food truck menus and offerings and keep the developer greed/conspiracy theories for another thread.

Thank you!!! :BigApplause:

skyking 08-15-2019 05:26 PM

How do you get there? Edna's and Cattail Recreation center do not appear on any gps apps, including The Villages GPS.

pacjag 08-15-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyking (Post 1673543)
How do you get there? Edna's and Cattail Recreation center do not appear on any gps apps, including The Villages GPS.

Cattail Recreation Area in the village of Marsh Bend.

Northwoods 08-15-2019 08:44 PM

It's in the same parking lot as the Marsh Bend golf course (18 holes that are all 100 yds or less). Take Morse (turns into Warm Springs) toward Fenney. After you cross over the Turnpike you'll get to the stoplight where they are building the Everglades Rec. Center. Turn Right. Follow that road. You'll go through a gate that isn't active yet. Stay on that road. IT winds around... you'll eventually get to Cattail. (as you're driving you can see Marsh Bend golf course on your right). The food truck are in the parking lot at the back of that lot.