Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Deed compliance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/deed-compliance-296685/)

The Caretaker 08-12-2019 07:36 AM

Deed compliance

Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

What are restrictions for if The Villages is not to enforce them.

I am concerned

biker1 08-12-2019 07:40 AM

Deed Compliance is complaint driven. Community Standards does not drive around looking for violations. They will only investigate if a complaint is made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Caretaker (Post 1672519)
Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

I am concerned

GrumpyOldMan 08-12-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

I am concerned

I am fairly certain that the Deed Compliance is not specifically concerned with a cross, they are concerned with maintaining the visual appearance of the exterior so we don't end up with cars on blocks or broken boarded up windows.

What is a little white cross to you might be 12 feet tall and lit with spots lights?!? Who decides what is "little" or "small"

And lastly, would you be concerned with a little Muslim Star and Moon in someones front yard?

graciegirl 08-12-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

I am concerned

I am concerned about all those flower pots lining driveway and flower bed and front porch and I have called on it and Deed Compliance said that as long as plants are growing in them nothing can be done. I am skeptical. I know what you are saying. I wonder why this situation is over looked? Is the one you are speaking of in a Village a little south of 466? Every time I go to visit a friend in that Village it looks WORSE. The flower pots probably do number WAY more than fifty and they are stacked on top of cement blocks and have weeds growing out of them, no flower or plants that I could see. It is just awful looking.

CFrance 08-12-2019 11:10 AM

Flower pots are allowed if they have plants in them. We learned that a few years ago when some angry person two villages over drove around noting 70+ violations in our neighborhood. One person's yard looks like a garden store, but nothing could be done because all the pots have flowers in them. Fortunately, it was a different part of our village and I didn't have to drive by it every day.

As far as flags are concerned, they are neutral territory, according to deed compliance. Nothing can be done about any flag.

Marathon Man 08-12-2019 11:12 AM

They are not "more concerned" about one thing over another. They respond to complaints filed to their office. Just that simple.

Topspinmo 08-12-2019 02:35 PM

I see violations when driving down about every street, from expensive metal animals or birds to the simulated pot tilted 45 degree with rocks spilling out of them.

Garywt 08-13-2019 10:25 AM

A flower pot with a plant might be ok but add a cross to that pot and suddenly is a no no unless you move it to sit against the house. You can hang a cross from your house and that is ok as well. Just have to review the restrictions before doing certain things. And of course get permission when needed.

manaboutown 08-13-2019 10:38 AM

What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?

thelegges 08-13-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1672953)
What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?

Then it’s a decorative plant :clap2:

Number 10 GI 08-13-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1673046)
Then it’s a decorative plant :clap2:

Could be a smokeable "weed" also!

pauld315 08-13-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1672714)
I see violations when driving down about every street, from expensive metal animals or birds to the simulated pot tilted 45 degree with rocks spilling out of them.

Depends on where you are, the older Villages north of 466 have much less restrictive covenants than those south of 466. The learned as the Villages grew that not everybody has good taste in regards to lawn decorations