Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Notice of Preservation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/notice-preservation-296693/)

alemorkam 08-12-2019 06:59 AM

Notice of preservation

Anyone understand the article in the Daily Sun today concerning "Notice of preservation"?

perrjojo 08-12-2019 08:27 AM

Notice of Preservation

There are 26 pages of Notice of Preservation in today’s Daily Sun. What does this mean? I think I understand but not certain.

graciegirl 08-12-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 1672552)
There are 26 pages of Notice of Preservation in today’s Daily Sun. What does this mean? I think I understand but not certain.

Here is what I found; Preserving HOA Covenants and Restrictions Under the Florida Marketable Record Titles Act — Florida HOA Lawyer Blog — May 28, 2014

I am not a lawyer, but I saw one on Television.

perrjojo 08-12-2019 11:33 AM

Opps! Sorry, I did not see you had already asked this question. I did receive one reply
Preserving HOA Covenants and Restrictions Under the Florida Marketable Record Titles Act — Florida HOA Lawyer Blog — May 28, 2014

alwann 08-12-2019 11:48 AM

As the late Arte Johnson used to say, "Velly interesting." Da Family doesn't say much about future projects, but this implies something is coming for Orange Blossom Hills and, seemingly, hundreds of property owners. I hope it's good news.

villagetinker 08-12-2019 03:21 PM

Thanks for the link, great explanation.

Goldwingnut 08-12-2019 03:51 PM

I spoke to Richard Baier this morning about these pages in the paper, this is a state legal requirement that these be posted. Basically, every 30 years the existence deed restrictions ore covenants are required to be posted and made public knowledge. The same will happen for the rest of the areas in The Villages as they reach the 30 year mark. Not a lot to be concerned about. This once is exceptionally complicated because of the way some homes are in Lady Lake and some are not.

golf2140 08-12-2019 04:09 PM

Thanks for taking the time Don

perrjojo 08-12-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1672747)
I spoke to Richard Baier this morning about these pages in the paper, this is a state legal requirement that these be posted. Basically, every 30 years the existence deed restrictions ore covenants are required to be posted and made public knowledge. The same will happen for the rest of the areas in The Villages as they reach the 30 year mark. Not a lot to be concerned about. This once is exceptionally complicated because of the way some homes are in Lady Lake and some are not.

Kinda what I thought but thanks for the verification

D.Lawrence 08-19-2019 06:56 AM

It would have been nice if they would put that explanation out to the residences as an fyi . Thank you for the info !!