Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Are there any Tesla drivers in The Villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/there-any-tesla-drivers-villages-296706/)

Altavia 08-12-2019 10:08 AM

Are there any Tesla drivers in The Villages?

Looks like the nearest dealer is in Orlando?

Supercharger coverage looks decent in mid to south Florida.

Chatbrat 08-12-2019 10:15 AM

Not just a Tesla ,but
all electric vehicles, if any evacuation order comes out--you don't have enough range to ge out of harms way

tophcfa 08-12-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1672602)
Not just a Tesla ,but
all electric vehicles, if any evacuation order comes out--you don't have enough range to ge out of harms way

And the vehicle will be stranded in the road, further complicating an already congested traffic situation, leading to a greater carbon footprint from the other vehicles.

GrumpyOldMan 08-12-2019 11:08 AM

Anyone know if there is a supercharger in the villages? We plan on getting a Tesla soon.

And yes, I am concerned that my 300 to 400 mile range may not be enough to get out of the way of a hurricane that is roaring down on me at 12 MPH - oh wait, we have TWO interstate hiways (I75 and Florida Turnpike) to get out of the state fast. :)

(BTW, with a Tesla you can top off you charge every night at home so it is always ready to go the full range, can you top off your gas tank every night at home?)

(Says the native Floridian that has lived here through quite a few hurricanes.)

billethkid 08-12-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1672623)
Anyone know if there is a supercharger in the villages? We plan on getting a Tesla soon.

And yes, I am concerned that my 300 to 400 mile range may not be enough to get out of the way of a hurricane that is roaring down on me at 12 MPH - oh wait, we have TWO interstate hiways (I75 and Florida Turnpike) to get out of the state fast. :)

(BTW, with a Tesla you can top off you charge every night at home so it is always ready to go the full range, can you top off your gas tank every night at home?)

These two highways become 4+ lane parking lots and anything fast associated with them is tongue in cheek....right?

mtdjed 08-12-2019 02:06 PM

(Says the native Floridian that has lived here through quite a few hurricanes.)[/QUOTE]

Don't need to top off gas every night. Would only do that in an emergency. I have an emergency tank installed in my garage. It holds 14 Gallons and can even operate when there is no electrical power.

Not criticizing the TESLA but just answering the question.

Joeg180 08-12-2019 02:16 PM

I notice quite a few driving around, must not be on TOTV. Or they are out looking for long extension cords for storm preparations.

Chatbrat 08-12-2019 02:22 PM

or portable generator to charge th car,

Joeg180 08-12-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1672705)
or portable generator to charge th car,

but then they need gas cans for the generator...

OpusX1 08-12-2019 03:20 PM

We looked into a Tesla last year. Great ride. Lack of super chargers on I26 kept us from getting one. We make several trips a year to visit my brother in NC. I75 and I95 have plenty of super chargers but they did not have any at the time on I26.

Chatbrat 08-12-2019 03:46 PM

And in the case of a major storm the superchargers will be as we used to say in the navy OIA

OpusX1 08-12-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1672745)
And in the case of a major storm the superchargers will be as we used to say in the navy OIA

Same goes for gas stations, no power no gas.

DAIII 08-12-2019 04:08 PM

I have a TESLA and love it- you can log in and request they add one- closest supercharger is OCALA 30 +/- miles away.

TV should keep up with times and start adding chargers - like it or hate it EV is here!

Dreaming about TV without smelling gas golf carts... pure, clean, quiet! Save the planet.

Mleeja 08-12-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1672623)

Were you here for the last hurricane? 75, 95, turnpike were parking lots of people trying to get out of harms way.

OpusX1 08-12-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAIII (Post 1672758)
I have a TESLA and love it- you can log in and request they add one- closest supercharger is OCALA 30 +/- miles away.

TV should keep up with times and start adding chargers - like it or hate it EV is here!

Dreaming about TV without smelling gas golf carts... pure, clean, quiet! Save the planet.

What model do you have? I think they are great cars. We ended up with a Lexus hybrid, nice but no Tesla.