Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Palm Ridge or Luong or ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/palm-ridge-luong-297139/)

Graspher 08-19-2019 05:00 AM

Palm Ridge or Luong or ?

Hello fellow Villagers!

My wife (myself as well at some point down the road - but luckily not now!) is looking for an honest dentist for the long term. Short term - she currently has a tooth that is starting to generate a bit of pain.

I searched the forum for insights but didn’t go back past 2018 as opinions/experiences change.

Palm Ridge and Luong get a lot of positive comments.

Are both still popular?

Are there other “popular” dentists that we should consider?

We are willing to travel outside the Bubble.

As a side note - is anyone using a dental provider that incorporates Cerec technology?

jeriteri 08-19-2019 05:30 AM

Hmmmmm, I didn't know there were honest dentists! In other words for me it's a NO.

JC and John 08-19-2019 06:21 AM

My husband and I used Luong. I still go to her but my husband opted to go elsewhere as he had major dental work and the cost was the factor even though he had dental insurance ($10,000). He is very happy with Dr. Jenkins in Fruitland Park. I am happy to stay with Dr. Luong.

Navy (SSBN 633) 08-19-2019 09:36 AM

both myself and my Wife use Dr Luong......extremely competent....makes her own crowns in house so no double appts needed for that work.....and she never upcharges...tries to sell you something you dont need.

villagetinker 08-19-2019 09:43 AM

My wife and I use Baylee Dental (just south of route 42 on 441 in Baylee plaza, for several years. She is very good, the practice does not accept insurance, but will provide a claim form for your convenience, you pay the dentist, your insurance pays you.

kathyspear 08-19-2019 02:49 PM

I have been going to Dr. Shorr (sp?) at Palm Ridge (based on Gracie Girl's recommendation) and I have been very happy with my treatment. However, I needed a crown and it was a major inconvenience to have to wait THREE WEEKS with a temporary crown in my mouth. It came out twice the first week and they finally used some super strong stuff to glue it in. If I had known at the time I started going to Palm Ridge that Dr. Luong did her crowns in-house/same day, I would have called her office to see if she is taking new patients.

kathy

perrjojo 08-19-2019 05:03 PM

I was a dental assistant for 15 years and have biased opinions about dentist. We have gone to Dr Luong for 8 years. She is an excellent operator but as a former Navy dentist she isn’t the most personable, but I feel she is fair and honest as well as talented. Her office has recently undergone some personnel changes which I find annoying. I still will go there but may have to comment to her about her new changes for whatever that may be worth.

champion6 08-19-2019 05:18 PM

For about 8 years, we have been pleased with Dr. Reem Jaber (female) at Palm Ridge Dental.

Bjeanj 08-19-2019 05:43 PM

We have used Dr. Davis for 5 years and like her and her staff. I’d be surprised if she couldn’t fit you in.

13851 N. U. S. 441
Lady Lake FL 32159
(352) 350-6104

mrdarcy 08-19-2019 08:41 PM

I also go to Dr. Jaber at Palm Ridge Dental for the past 5 years. This is an EXCELLENT practice, but it takes about 6 months to get a new patient appointment. Maybe less time to get a new appointment since they brought Dr. Shorr on board part-time. Dr. Jaber has never tried to perform unnecessary work. In fact, she's more conservative than I am with respect to treatment recommendations. If something is even beginning to be a problem, I want it fixed pronto--no watching and waiting. I want to preserve my original teeth as long as possible. I think Palm Ridge Dental's prices are also reasonable.

kaydee 08-19-2019 10:34 PM

Dr Sorrentino at Marion Dental is amazing. I 100% recommend the office on Maricamp Rd in Ocala vs the office here on 441 in
Summerfield

johnfarr 08-20-2019 04:47 AM

Dr. Kathleen Williams at Palm Ridge Dental is the best! Honest assessments and reasonable fees.

jojo 08-20-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfarr (Post 1674740)
Dr. Kathleen Williams at Palm Ridge Dental is the best! Honest assessments and reasonable fees.

I agree with this positive assessment of Dr. Williams. I've gone to her for 11 years after getting recommendations from TOTV. She is caring and competent.

Graspher 08-21-2019 04:11 AM

Thank you everyone for your inputs - very much appreciated!

My wife will make her choice....and be the “first one in”. I can observe that interaction then make my choice. I’m sooo wrong for that....hehehehe!