Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Closed Golf Courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/closed-golf-courses-297140/)

len84pa 08-19-2019 07:40 AM

Closed Golf Courses

The golf courses are closed, the retention ponds are full yet residents are still being charged for lawn irrigation at the same rate when we are in drought conditions. It would seem to me if The Villages would allow a week or two of reduced irrigation charges we might be able to help empty the retention ponds and keep the golf courses OPEN.:coolsmiley:

graciegirl 08-19-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len84pa (Post 1674476)
The golf courses are closed, the retention ponds are full yet residents are still being charged for lawn irrigation at the same rate when we are in drought conditions. It would seem to me if The Villages would allow a week or two of reduced irrigation charges we might be able to help empty the retention ponds and keep the golf courses OPEN.:coolsmiley:

I think you should just turn off your sprinklers and hope for the best.

The Villages have very good plans in place in case of excessive rain and that includes flooding the golf courses in order to save homes as they did last year during Hurricane Irma. You may be having a little golf withdrawal. It makes people impatient and grumpy and causes them to go from window to window. Watch live P.D. or have folks over for cake. I recommend the double layer chocolate cake at Winn-Dixie. It is the most expensive one, but you and your friends will just love it.

It is gonna be alright.

eyc234 08-19-2019 08:05 AM

Well if anyone is watering their lawns at this point they ought to be charged triple the going rate plus a penalty for not having a brain. If you walk in your yard and it is mushy under your feet why would you have your sprinkler system turned on?????? If they reduced the rate this month people would not bat an eye at wasting and we would then get back to the scenario we had before with a low aquifer. Also the stink that would occur when the price went back up would be intolerable to hear the complaining (just look at the tax issue and waste disposal issue).

anothersteve 08-19-2019 08:30 AM

I've had my irrigation turned off for over two months and my lawn is fine. I should mow twice a week .........but not.

Steve

Marathon Man 08-19-2019 09:01 AM

I can hear it now.

"The Villages inticed me to run my sprinklers excessively. Now I have dead spots in my yard and mold on the side of my house. I want them to pay to fix it."

mulligan 08-19-2019 01:42 PM

Don't be surprised if they add a surcharge because of reduced cash flow.