Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Just Being Silly (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/just-being-silly-297249/)

SilverRose 08-22-2019 01:19 PM

Just Being Silly
 
My husband was reading the covenants on our new Village house:
“Birds, fish,dogs,and cats shall be permitted.... Each owner shall be responsible to keep such pet on a leash.”

So you all have leashes for your goldfish, parakeets, and cats? :1rotfl:

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 01:31 PM

I have searched Amazon and can not find any fish leashes - anyone have any idea where to get them?

pacjag 08-22-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1675268)
I have searched Amazon and can not find any fish leashes - anyone have any idea where to get them?

Are you planning to take your goldfish out for a drag? :1rotfl:

Taltarzac725 08-22-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverRose (Post 1675262)
My husband was reading the covenants on our new Village house:
“Birds, fish,dogs,and cats shall be permitted.... Each owner shall be responsible to keep such pet on a leash.”

So you all have leashes for your goldfish, parakeets, and cats? :1rotfl:

Now that is something that needs to be re-written.

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1675287)
Now that is something that needs to be re-written.

The intent is clear, the wording is humorous.

Midnight Cowgirl 08-22-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverRose (Post 1675262)
My husband was reading the covenants on our new Village house:
“Birds, fish,dogs,and cats shall be permitted.... Each owner shall be responsible to keep such pet on a leash.”

So you all have leashes for your goldfish, parakeets, and cats? :1rotfl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1675287)
Now that is something that needs to be re-written.


Uhhhhhh . . . There are a number of items which could stand to be re-written.

Some of them are older than Methuselah! :1rotfl:

CWGUY 08-22-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1675268)
I have searched Amazon and can not find any fish leashes - anyone have any idea where to get them?

:icon_wink: I got mine at Walmart..... it said "12 pound test" on it. :coolsmiley:

retiredguy123 08-22-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1675287)
Now that is something that needs to be re-written.

It's not as silly as the noise restriction that requires the noise level to be "moderate" after 10 PM.

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1675298)
It's not as silly as the noise restriction that requires the noise level to be "moderate" after 10 PM.

:coolsmiley:

Is moderate 5 or 6 on the volume control?

tophcfa 08-22-2019 08:55 PM

I don't think the peepers living in the preserve behind our house got the message to keep the noise moderate after 10 PM. Good thing, love listening to them while we hang out in the pool with a frozen margarita : )


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.