Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Quiet Romantic Dining Recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/quiet-romantic-dining-recommendations-297255/)

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 02:54 PM

Quiet Romantic Dining Recommendations

I don't see any recent threads, so thought I would ask. We enjoy the occasional night out to a restaurant that is quiet, darkish, soft music and maybe candle lit for dinner.

Any suggestions in or out of the bubble - restaurants like that seem to be a dying breed!

retiredguy123 08-22-2019 03:14 PM

I think you can pretty much forget about the quiet part.

JSR22 08-22-2019 03:32 PM

Chop House in Sumter Landing, Turners in Leesburg, The Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park, Mesa de Notte in Ocala

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1675299)
Chop House in Sumter Landing, Turners in Leesburg, The Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park, Mesa de Notte in Ocala

Thank you!

Henryk 08-22-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1675299)

Another high five for Rose Plantation. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

SouthOfTheBorder 08-22-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1675286)
I don't see any recent threads, so thought I would ask. We enjoy the occasional night out to a restaurant that is quiet, darkish, soft music and maybe candle lit for dinner.

Any suggestions in or out of the bubble - restaurants like that seem to be a dying breed!

Looking for darkish?

Try Mesa Luna Colony Square, it's quiet and don't forget to bring a seeing eye dog :icon_wink:

Don

JSR22 08-22-2019 03:37 PM

If you are willing to go to Orlando there are plenty. We have 2 dogs so Orlando only works if we kennel them. Which we do once in a while.

Chatbrat 08-22-2019 03:41 PM

Go to the Rose Plantation, word to the wise avoid Mezza Luna, unless you have a need to eat the absolute worst ,imitation, facsimile of Italian food in TV

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1675304)
If you are willing to go to Orlando there are plenty. We have 2 dogs so Orlando only works if we kennel them. Which we do once in a while.

Yup, we too have two, which is why we sometimes have a romantic diner at home, but it is nice to let someone else cook occasionally and our best wine at home typically comes in boxes :)

JSR22 08-22-2019 03:52 PM

Dinner at Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1675307)
Yup, we too have two, which is why we sometimes have a romantic diner at home, but it is nice to let someone else cook occasionally and our best wine at home typically comes in boxes :)

There are several places to get great quality food to cook. Lighthouse Seafood Market on 466 has excellent fresh fish, and you can order Maine Lobster. We belong to Costco and I buy their prime meat. Sam's close by has prime but I'm not a huge fan. Fresh Market on 466 carries very nice products. If you are looking for a great dessert Miz Kathy's sweet shop is an excellent bakery.

retiredguy123 08-22-2019 03:54 PM

The place that I think comes closest to meeting your requirements is Francescos, if you go after 7 PM, when they are not crowded, and get a private circular booth. Some of the other places mentioned have good food, but they will not be darkish and quiet, especially during the main dining hour.

Chatbrat 08-22-2019 04:14 PM

I don't get how people can recommend a restaurant off of a strip mall (Francescos) on 441- quiet romantic- have you all for got what class was-

unless you've never ever experienced a really super experience--where the waiter made you salad table side, the sommelier offered wine for your approval and the maitre'd made zabiogne for you and you special person table side--followed with cognac and nice deserts

GrumpyOldMan 08-22-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1675319)
I don't get how people can recommend a restaurant off of a strip mall (Francescos) on 441- quiet romantic- have you all for got what class was-

unless you've never ever experienced a really super experience--where the waiter made you salad table side, the sommelier offered wine for your approval and the maitre'd made zabiogne for you and you special person table side--followed with cognac and nice deserts

Someone who appreciates it :)

And the waitress with crumb brushes to keep you table cloth clean...

retiredguy123 08-22-2019 04:21 PM

I am not knocking Rose Plantation. It is good. But, I have been there, and it was not quiet or romantic.

Skip 08-22-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1675321)
I am not knocking Rose Plantation. It is good. But, I have been there, and it was not quiet or romantic.

Same with the new Chop House. They are always busy and the carpet helps but it's still pretty noisy.
Try Mark's Prime in Ocala on the square on a week night.

Skip