Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   What is the loudest restaurant in The Villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/what-loudest-restaurant-villages-297302/)

Chi-Town 08-24-2019 11:11 AM

What is the loudest restaurant in The Villages?

My vote goes to The Lighthouse inside seating. Texas Roadhouse for outside The Villages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JSR22 08-24-2019 11:18 AM

I agree with both choices.

retiredguy123 08-24-2019 11:19 AM

City Fire when they have a live band.

But, I was at Katie Belles one evening, ordered food in the bar area, and had to cancel the food order because the band started playing and it literally hurt my ears. The waitress said she fully understood. In fact, she had told us that she had to take our order before the band started bacause she would not be able to hear our order after they started playing.

karostay 08-24-2019 01:05 PM

All of them, seniors can't hear and have to talk loud...Just a condition that comes with age

Chatbrat 08-24-2019 01:10 PM

The Glenview was barely tolerable, noise wise , by the way how is the Glenview with its new owners ?

pbkmaine 08-24-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1675741)
The Glenview was barely tolerable, noise wise , by the way how is the Glenview with its new owners ?

Still noisy, but food is MUCH better.

kcrazorbackfan 08-24-2019 01:58 PM

Can’t recall its name, but that Mexican restaurant at Colony should rank way up there.

retiredguy123 08-24-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1675764)
Can’t recall its name, but that Mexican restaurant at Colony should rank way up there.

Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill

Boomer 08-24-2019 02:16 PM

I used to have an app on my phone that measured decibel levels and showed comparisons to various noise levels, like rustling leaves, jet engines, and everything in between. It was interesting, and often appalling to put my phone on the table to measure the noise level in some restaurants, especially in TV.

I do not understand why some people in TV insist on their huge groups being seated at one long table. Then they all have to yell to be heard, while making the diners seated near them miserable. Maybe they like to relive their school cafeteria days — whatever — makes me want to start a food fight — with my first aim taken at the screeching howler. (There is always at least one.)But (sigh) I am a nice lady — even though there are people who bring out some wicked thoughts in me. I like to think I would quickly have some joiners if I flung some mashed potatoes. But I will keep my dream of starting a food fight restrained. Besides, then there would probably be a mugshot of me in that other online tabloidy thing.

You see, I love a good conversation over a pleasant lunch or dinner out. Remember those?

(Btw, I cannot remember the name of that decibel measuring app but I am sure there are plenty of them. Mine must have been lost when I got a new phone.)

GatorFan 08-24-2019 02:49 PM

Metro Diner

John_W 08-24-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorFan (Post 1675784)
Metro Diner

I agree, went once about a year ago a couple of months after they opened and never went back. Similar food to Bob Evans, which is much quieter.

REDCART 08-24-2019 03:45 PM

Gio’s Deli in Oxford has a back room that has a tile floor, and block walls. The noise level there can be painful! A close second would be Texas Roadhouse.

Nucky 08-24-2019 04:08 PM

How about the Grand Daddy of them all. La Hacienda C.C. For us it was the noise, not all the other things that did them in. We never got a bad meal there.

Have not been back to Texas Roadhouse since the week after they opened. Noise related.

OrangeBlossomBaby 08-24-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1675772)
I used to have an app on my phone that measured decibel levels and showed comparisons to various noise levels, like rustling leaves, jet engines, and everything in between. It was interesting, and often appalling to put my phone on the table to measure the noise level in some restaurants, especially in TV.

I do not understand why some people in TV insist on their huge groups being seated at one long table. Then they all have to yell to be heard, while making the diners seated near them miserable. Maybe they like to relive their school cafeteria days — whatever — makes me want to start a food fight — with my first aim taken at the screeching howler. (There is always at least one.)But (sigh) I am a nice lady — even though there are people who bring out some wicked thoughts in me. I like to think I would quickly have some joiners if I flung some mashed potatoes. But I will keep my dream of starting a food fight restrained. Besides, then there would probably be a mugshot of me in that other online tabloidy thing.

You see, I love a good conversation over a pleasant lunch or dinner out. Remember those?

(Btw, I cannot remember the name of that decibel measuring app but I am sure there are plenty of them. Mine must have been lost when I got a new phone.)

You start with the mashed potatoes and I'll aim the pea-shooter (filled with peas) at anyone who gets hit. Green booger-bumps for the win!

Chatbrat 08-24-2019 05:19 PM

Texas Roadhouse= Chuckie Cheese for grown ups--