Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Looks like someone living here! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/looks-like-someone-living-here-297353/)

Bjeanj 08-26-2019 09:36 AM

Looks like someone living here!

1 Attachment(s)
I can imagine this happening here.

villagetinker 08-26-2019 10:11 AM

OK, that looks like someone stuck a square peg in a round hole..... and yes, I could see that happening here...

Martian 08-26-2019 11:57 AM

Hope they bought the optional insurance. The policy on their website that shows a truck stuck under a bridge...

OrangeBlossomBaby 08-26-2019 03:13 PM

There's a bridge in Foxon (a section of New Haven county) with a height warning for trucks. Almost every month, a truck gets its roof shaved off and traffic is backed up a few miles while the police, department of public works, and emergency crews extract it. Thankfully the underpass is only 2 blocks from the ambulance company and the hospital is on the ambulance company's end of the road, through the underpass. So it's only a 7 minute drive to the emergency room and less than 60 seconds for the ambulance to get to the driver. They'd need to raise the railway bridge in order to fix that, and that would put railway freight to and from New Haven from points north, out of commission for a few months. So - not an option. The sign reads 13'4" and under it a Flood Area sign. Most semi-trailer hights are 13'6" and as high as 14'. So most semis can't fit under this bridge. Most truck drivers know this already.

Nucky 08-26-2019 03:14 PM

Maybe they are Delivering a Tunnel? :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

It happens at Bridges also. Rental Trucks and Professional Drivers also. The Definitive 11Foot8 Bridge Crash Compilation - YouTube Just a momentary blip could happen to the best driver.

The Tunnel one is a Special Kind Of Blip! :pray: :ohdear:

retiredguy123 08-26-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1676227)
There's a bridge in Foxon (a section of New Haven county) with a height warning for trucks. Almost every month, a truck gets its roof shaved off and traffic is backed up a few miles while the police, department of public works, and emergency crews extract it. Thankfully the underpass is only 2 blocks from the ambulance company and the hospital is on the ambulance company's end of the road, through the underpass. So it's only a 7 minute drive to the emergency room and less than 60 seconds for the ambulance to get to the driver. They'd need to raise the railway bridge in order to fix that, and that would put railway freight to and from New Haven from points north, out of commission for a few months. So - not an option. The sign reads 13'4" and under it a Flood Area sign. Most semi-trailer hights are 13'6" and as high as 14'. So most semis can't fit under this bridge. Most truck drivers know this already.

I don't understand why they don't install a test arch that the trucks would hit before going under the bridge. I have seen those in many locations.

Taltarzac725 08-26-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1676229)
I don't understand why they don't install a test arch that the trucks would hit before going under the bridge. I have seen those in many locations.

That is a very good idea.