Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Which Stores Deserve Praise For Great Service? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/stores-deserve-praise-great-service-297620/)

Nucky 09-04-2019 10:55 AM

Which Stores Deserve Praise For Great Service?

The places that helped us out the most during Preparation weeks before and for last-minute items would be led by Santa Barbara Care Center. Next would be Publix Pharmacy at La Plaza Grande West. Both places are unbelievably well managed and responsive. The people at the Publix Grocery Store, either one on 441 are to be commended. They were getting overrun by people who were very impatient and came thru with a smile and their usual helpful ways. I think they all helped amp down the anxiety level quite a bit.

The New Wawa on 441 did not disappoint any customer as far as them not getting the gas or diesel they needed. I had to wait about 20 minutes but it was a very orderly and kind experience not what I have been accustomed to in the First Chapter of our lives. I didn't hear a foul word or any screaming, Southern Charm and Manners are much better than what I was prepared for.

Overall other than a few disappointments and unkind words that I read things went exceedingly well for many millions of people.

I don't start many Threads but wish to keep this Thread POSITIVE.

Just a thought, I don't want to be controversial, please believe me. :pray: Maybe it's time to rethink the ban on the Little White Crosses that Some People Want.

Tank Care! Glad you all came out of this in pretty good shape. :mademyday:

vintageogauge 09-04-2019 11:53 AM

Ace Hardware in the Wildwood Plaza, those guys and gals are unbelievable everyone in retail should go there for training.

Chatbrat 09-04-2019 12:26 PM

Wawa deserves praise--they had people directing traffic around their gas pumps and had pumps reserved for emergency vehicles-- they are well prepared for emergencies

Nucky 09-04-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1678495)
Ace Hardware in the Wildwood Plaza, those guys and gals are unbelievable everyone in retail should go there for training.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Ace Hardware in Spanish Springs should have been added to my original list as with just the shot of the information inside the tank of two of our toilets they came up with the replacement parts and fixed two screens that were up for three days before they were damaged during the storm by flying shrapnel from an absentee neighbor or his landscaper! Whatareyougonnado? :faint:

It took the storm coming for me to finish up some honey-do items.

What a great store with helpful people.