Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Front Lawn Signs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/front-lawn-signs-297779/)

jcvdd1 09-06-2019 12:02 PM

Front Lawn Signs

Greetings-
Forgive me if its already been asked, but where does one purchase an illuminated sign that is displayed on the front light post of each residence which displays the homeowners and pets name ?
Are any additional requirements necessary to post these signs ?
Thanks

Navy (SSBN 633) 09-06-2019 12:09 PM

Vendor nytes at the town squares has a sign vendor that does what you ask.

villagetinker 09-06-2019 12:09 PM

Signs by Jackie, Custom Signs | Wildwood, FL - SIGNS by Jackie, highly recommended.

SIRE1 09-06-2019 12:51 PM

We bought our lighted sign from Jack Burkart and we are REALLY happy with it. His business card indicates he is at Lake Sumter on Tuesdays and Spanish Springs on Wednesday. To get in tough with him directly, his phone number is 352-874-9640 or JackBurkart@hotmail.com He has many designs, colors, and type styles.

retiredguy123 09-06-2019 01:01 PM

I don't understand why people in The Villages advertise their name on the front lawn. I never did this anywhere else I have l lived, and don't see a reason to do it now.

Velvet 09-06-2019 01:05 PM

Coming from a large city, I too wonder, how safe is it to put your name on the sign that google maps shows to the rest of the world? If people have had no problems in the past, then I’m game.

Packer Fan 09-06-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1679030)
I don't understand why people in The Villages advertise their name on the front lawn. I never did this anywhere else I have l lived, and don't see a reason to do it now.

Let me guess, you are not from the Midwest. I think it is being friendly and pride of ownership. You know you can go on the county website and find out the owners names anytime you want - not like it is a secret. Also not sure what this had to do with this thread except to be negative.

As far as the OPs question - try
Lighted Signs
SIGNS BY FARRIS – COMPUTER ENGRAVED LAMP POST SIGNS

vintageogauge 09-06-2019 01:31 PM

To be safe most people only put their first names on the signs.

retiredguy123 09-06-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 1679038)
Let me guess, you are not from the Midwest. I think it is being friendly and pride of ownership. You know you can go on the county website and find out the owners names anytime you want - not like it is a secret. Also not sure what this had to do with this thread except to be negative.

As far as the OPs question - try
Lighted Signs
SIGNS BY FARRIS – COMPUTER ENGRAVED LAMP POST SIGNS

Sorry for sounding negative. I just don't understand the concept. In fact, I have lived in apartment buildings where the management advised tenants to not put their name on their door. And, I am not from the Midwest.

Velvet 09-06-2019 01:48 PM

The Midwest is really very friendly especially ranch country. Seriously, at a ‘saloon’ we stopped at on a trip near Cody, Wyoming there was outside seating, one large circular bench that could seat 20, so that everybody faced everybody. A stray dog sauntered up to us on the bench and an unrelated stray cat brushed up against the dog. Even they got along. I can see these people putting their names on the gates to their ranch.

Martian 09-06-2019 02:17 PM

I think it is a sad commentary on our country that people are afraid to let anyone/everyone know who they are...

And to the point of the thread, I just ordered from:

Custom Signs | Wildwood, FL - SIGNS by Jackie

(EDIT: I am not saying anyone is wrong to be afraid, or cautious, just that it is a sad state of affairs.)

Chi-Town 09-06-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIRE1 (Post 1679028)
We bought our lighted sign from Jack Burkart and we are REALLY happy with it. His business card indicates he is at Lake Sumter on Tuesdays and Spanish Springs on Wednesday. To get in tough with him directly, his phone number is 352-874-9640 or JackBurkart@hotmail.com He has many designs, colors, and type styles.

Vendor night locations changed a while ago. Lake Sumter Landing is on Wednesdays now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jcvdd1 09-06-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1679076)
Vendor night locations changed a while ago. Lake Sumter Landing is on Wednesdays now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply-
Question-
Where within Lake Sumter Landing does the vendor display his items ?
Have have never seen anyone selling house signs in the Lake Sumter Landing area before ?
Thanks

rjm1cc 09-06-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1679030)

So someone going to their home know they are at the right place. At least that is why I use my name on my lamp post. Your house number identifies you and it is easy to look up a name if you know the street address or the street address if you know the name. Just go to the county tax assessor site.

CWGUY 09-06-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcvdd1 (Post 1679094)
Thanks for your reply-
Question-
Where within Lake Sumter Landing does the vendor display his items ?
Have have never seen anyone selling house signs in the Lake Sumter Landing area before ?
Thanks

:shocked: